• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Vault Hinge Info / Replacement

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
Hello all... so a few weeks ago I purchased a X-Metal Metal Vault with broken hinges. I would like to try to repair it, so yesterday I took out the rivets and removed the hinges. So I have two questions based on this.

1. I searched the forum and didn't see anything about this. Has anyone replaced the hinges before on these vaults? If so I would love to know what types of hinges were used. (Before I start trial and error for myself)

2. The hinges I pulled off are pretty trashed. I was wondering if someone who has a vault could measure it for me. The width seems to be about 1 3/4 inches, but since the hinge is broken it would be nice to know a more exact height of it.

Thanks!

I have a broken X metal hinge too. Trying to find info on how to repair too! My problem is that the vault does not snap shut anymore because the "c-clip" (or whatever that part of the hinge is called) broke. The hinge still opens and closes ok, but no longer snaps shut. This of course is not ideal!

Pupusasrock, did you have any success?

So anyone else has any experience of how to repair this part (so that it snaps shut again), knows where to buy this part, or has successfully repaired this issue, please do share! Thanks!

Vault 1.jpg

Vault 2.jpg

Back