• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WraithEye

Oakley Beginner
I was looking on EBay to find what was out there in the Oakley world. I came across a couple of C Six posts selling for $25,000 to $35,000. I'm a huge X-Metal fan and really don't see the carbon fiber being a stronger frame, especially since the hinges are still aluminum. What are your thoughts?

I think after Oakley moved their production to China, China's metallurgical process was so poor they could not produce the titanium. Oakley had to come up with the next "thing", and to help raise the hype to a flagship model and c six was it. I can't see 40 layered bricks being CNC milled and reinforced by aluminum holding up to a 300lbs. person sitting on them. My Juliets from 1999 have been sat on countless times, I am still wearing them today. I can only imagine what c sixes would look like after sitting on them. I understand the exclusivity of only producing 250, but really, is that the best Oakley could do. Then there was Badman and Madman, I have a friend who already broke his Badman frames in the center plastic part. The funny/weird thing is, he is not even sure how it happened, they were in his microfiber bag.

I just wanted to hear thoughts on this.

i don't think the c-six was ever intended to supercede the x-metals. they are an 'elite' pair with their own place in the oakley timeline.

the pairs you see on ebay are waaaay overpriced - a realistic price would be $7500().

as for the latest attempt to recreate the x-metal range, oakley missed the target completely. browse the forum and you will find plenty of talk about the long awaited arrival of them and their dismissal as any sort of replacement. they have their own niche and i have them myself but they are what they are....

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

i don't think the c-six was ever intended to supercede the x-metals. they are an 'elite' pair with their own place in the oakley timeline.

the pairs you see on ebay are waaaay overpriced - a realistic price would be $7500().

as for the latest attempt to recreate the x-metal range, oakley missed the target completely. browse the forum and you will find plenty of talk about the long awaited arrival of them and their dismissal as any sort of replacement. they have their own niche and i have them myself but they are what they are....

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

This. Well said mj.

Latest Posts

Back