• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal XX 24k for $350

jump on it if your nearby!

edit; just read the full description - they have aftermarket lenses so you're basically buying the frames. haggle!!

Last edited:
$350 is above my upper limit for that pair. That frame is worth around $325, no more. I say this as no serial# mentioned, but presume it has one per the purchase date. Then you are missing OEM nose bombs, which negates any value add for the rubbers on the frame as earsocks and t-shox are relatively easy to find. With the aftermarket lenses, and scratched ones at that - they are of no value, you could get a set new for $20 or less. I would not pay more than $325 - tops - for that piece as currently listed. If it were not serialized I would not go higher than $300 for the frame alone and would really be looking to spend less for it if possible.

Frame - $300
Serial - +$25
Rubbers - +$35
Lenses - +$50 (used but usable)
$100 (like new)

So if they were OEM lenses that were usable [on a Y2K serial frame] I would say they are worth $375, maybe $400... you might see a pair like that go for $450 or so on eBay with the markup fees. Proper rubbers could bump this up a few $s more.

If it had OEM lenses like new and a frame of the same with proper rubbers then $500 perhaps?

Get into the complete boxed/serial/matched and we're talking $625+ depending on serial/non-serial, condition of item and packaging, up to around $750 or so.

HTH & Good Luck if you go for them!

Back