• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal XX Fans

Which Do You Prefer for XMetal XX

• Total voters
I'd go for the TiO2. The 24k is just a bit too flashy for me... though it does look pretty awesome.

tiO2 is better because you won't see the earstem fading unlike with the 24K lathough i owned a 24k, still looking to own a tiO2...

In answer to your question, Ti02, both for finish durability as well as scarcity. I personally prefer the industrial aesthetic over the blingy.

In terms of scarcity & collector value, it HAS to be as follows, based simply on frequency of transaction:

1. XX Plasma/Ice
2. Ti02
3. & 4. Tie: 24k and X-Metal

You can virtually always find overpriced 24k XX on ebay. The next most frequent is X-M. Good shape Ti02 is available monthly and good shape Plasma/Ice is a just a few times a year, and is a $ horse race every time.

In answer to your question, Ti02, both for finish durability as well as scarcity. I personally prefer the industrial aesthetic over the blingy.

In terms of scarcity & collector value, it HAS to be as follows, based simply on frequency of transaction:

1. XX Plasma/Ice
2. Ti02
3. & 4. Tie: 24k and X-Metal

You can virtually always find overpriced 24k XX on ebay. The next most frequent is X-M. Good shape Ti02 is available monthly and good shape Plasma/Ice is a just a few times a year, and is a $ horse race every time.

this is because the xmetal and the 24k were re-released in 2009, in new boxes with no serial.

if you want to talk about collector value, imo you cant just look at a colorway with xmetals. you need to break it down into generations.

a clean gen1 24k is def harder to come by than a gen1 tio2. the fragile finish adds to this. its the same reason why clean gen1 plasmas are worth so much.

plasma ice is the scarcest simply because it was ended earlier.

also, the 24k XX is surprisingly subdued when worn. I THOUGHT it would be too bling and more of a shelf piece but they are badass- and if you find a slightly worn one for a good price i say go for it and wear the hell out of it.

the new polished gold juliet and Xsquared on the other hand, is a different story.

0-review mentioned:

XP###### ---- Plasma / Ice X-Metal XX

nothing else, which doesn't clear things about Gens or release of this particular x- metal XX

One friend from X-Metal group in facebook said:

This is how he understand the method of knowing which Gen.

1st - 'bone' matte white, serial P 123456
2nd - dull satin silver, serial P 123456 A
3rd - bright satin silver (more "polished"), serial P123456B
(in some cases, there is a "C" generation in here)
4th - Serial numbers dropped. frame surface stays fairly similar
5th - Slight change in hue, but finish is same. frame sizes stamped at serial location (left arm)

Hope this will help other beginners like me.

Latest Posts

Back