• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal XX - First X Metal Buy Since 1999

Those look awesome. I'm looking for a pair of x-metal XX with Black iridium lenses myself. Did you have any problems fitting the lenses to the frame? What Gen were your frames? I was told the newer ones were less trouble in that regard.

Those look awesome. I'm looking for a pair of x-metal XX with Black iridium lenses myself. Did you have any problems fitting the lenses to the frame? What Gen were your frames? I was told the newer ones were less trouble in that regard.

I didn't wear them today so I'll check for you tonight or tomorrow. The lenses are definitely tighter than the OEM lenses so it's possible I have an earlier gen but looking at the serial number listings I don't think I can tell from the serial number. If you know or can point to a posting that has XX generation serials I let you know. i.e. above xxxxxx is 2nd gen / below xxxxx is 1st gen.

Very nice indeed and I hear you loud and clear on the stealth approach! I also ised the renovating excuse for new arrivals and used to spread my stuff around to keep 'numbers' down. This worked well for a while until I heard the shrill cry of "They're all in here too!" from downstairs ..... Busted! I'm ok these days though as she just has no clue what's new and what's not :)

XXRed_zpse0a46c39.jpg

Really beautiful!

Very nice indeed and I hear you loud and clear on the stealth approach! I also ised the renovating excuse for new arrivals and used to spread my stuff around to keep 'numbers' down. This worked well for a while until I heard the shrill cry of "They're all in here too!" from downstairs ..... Busted! I'm ok these days though as she just has no clue what's new and what's not :)
haha! Yeah, I know what you mean. I do the subtle thing to avoid the "shrill cry"... I just get the... "and tell me why you need all these sunglasses?" or worse is "they all look the same to me..." ouch! :shock:

haha! Yeah, I know what you mean. I do the subtle thing to avoid the "shrill cry"... I just get the... "and tell me why you need all these sunglasses?" or worse is "they all look the same to me..." ouch! :shock:
And why does she need shoes to match her purse or purses to match her shoes??? lol. Same thing goes for Sunglasses, IMHO; Different pairs go with different things (lighting conditions, weather, matching an outfit, whatever). :grin:

And why does she need shoes to match her purse or purses to match her shoes??? lol. Same thing goes for Sunglasses, IMHO; Different pairs go with different things (lighting conditions, weather, matching an outfit, whatever). :grin:
Hehe, yes... I'd agree but unfortunately I can't seem to pin any of this kind of behavior on her... she's too practical and frugal to let me pin this kind of thing on her!