• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying X-metal XX Nose Bombs (Will trade for Juliet/XS Bombs)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Per the title, please let me know if you have OEM black small or large. I can also trade for black OEM Juliet/XS large (straight from Oakley HQ in Lake Forest). Thank you!

...side note. First pair of XX....If I've got small nose bombs on Juliet, do I need the same size for XX? I actually wore large on my Juliet for years. When I went into Oakley for a tuneup, they said here's some small nose bombs that should work better. They're also comfortable; maybe slightly better fit, but nothing night and day. Thanks!

...Also, anyone using Juliet nose bombs on XX long term? I hate when things aren't OEM and don't fit perfectly; but am I being picky and should just use Julet nose bombs and get over it?

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Yeah I've used the large Juliet nose bombs on my daily wear XX because the XX OEM pads are very rare. It works, but there is a difference in fit. There's about 1mm of size difference between the XX & Juliet/XS pads. It works just not optimally as the OEM would.

Thanks for the feedback! Why the heck did they have to change it by 1mm...SMH...

I'll have to test out the fitment diff between juliet small vs large. I assume the length of the slots are the same, but might ultimately stretch out differently.

Wish XX weren't so hard to find! I've seen linegear with the seam down the middle. Not sure if they're all like that, but that might drive me nuts.

Imo. My first choice is OEM, of course. I'd use linegear (I agree on the seam but it is not noticed for me when wearing) before the juliet. The juliet's will work but you have to stretch them, and they don't fit the frame right.

As far as large vs. small, it depends on the shape and size of your nose, and how close you want them to sit to your face.

Username Hidden said:
Imo. My first choice is OEM, of course. I'd use linegear (I agree on the seam but it is not noticed for me when wearing) before the juliet. The juliet's will work but you have to stretch them, and they don't fit the frame right.

As far as large vs. small, it depends on the shape and size of your nose, and how close you want them to sit to your face.

Good advice. Thank you. I may try LG and order a small and large and see which one fits best. From the reading I did on here, I believe LG fits a big smaller, so their large is somewhere between OEM small and large. Is it best to order from their website or ebay?

Still hoping someone hits me up with some OEM rubbers of course!

For the Juliet I really don’t like how the small ones have the frame sit on my face. I’m not sure if it’s the same for XX. I imagine it’s similar since they are just slightly different.

Username Hidden said:
For the Juliet I really don’t like how the small ones have the frame sit on my face. I’m not sure if it’s the same for XX. I imagine it’s similar since they are just slightly different.

Ah, yes, I recall reading your feedback on this in another old thread; maybe I'll just go with the large if no one comes out of the woodwork here with OEM rubbers....fingers crossed!