• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal XX Prices

I recently purchase an XM XX 24k for 200 but needs a tune up and new lens but the gold plated on the hammerstem tip are still good and no fading. The pair doesn't have a box or coin. Most 24k's out there has gold fading, After 2 weeks I purchased another XM XX, bnew for only 250 with box and coin. Just be patient on looking and you will definetly get what you want, it takes time but its worth it. Good luck!

Not even the eart tip was faded?

For that price range you'd be lucky to find a frame that needs a tune up with no box or coin. It's ridiculous but that's what the X-Metal market is like nowadays.

Paid $310 for TiO2's, like new condition, and then an additional $50 for box, coin, and original microfiber. Whatever you pay, they're worth it.

The guys in this thread are right, it's a matter of luck. I see you're from BC, I'm in Ontario and I got lucky a few months back when someone on this forum (thanks again Rubyskull :D) pointed out to me someone who was selling a pair of 24k XX for 150 but he had them listed as something along the lines of "Gold Titanium Oakley's". They were missing box and coin but had a soft case and zero wear on any of the coating or the lenses. Deals do show up every once in a while, you just gotta hope you see them and jump on them when they do.

My first pair i saw on craigslist were titled as "oakley polarized sunglasses" for $200. I wasn't 100% sure, due to the poor picture quality, that they were indeed XX and not juliets so I foolishly asked the seller to verify that they were actually x metal xx's. He then emails me back and says, "I'm sorry Brett, but my uncle who gave them to me does not want me taking any less than the $300 he paid a few months ago". I should've just popped on them without question but ended up paying $270 as opposed to $200 because he had no idea what they were when he posted them, just that his uncle claimed to pay $300 for them. I was still perfectly content with the price because they are quite tight and came with the bag and soft vault. My second pair i found on eBay for a buy-it-now of $280 without a box or coin, but with juliet earstems, which i prefer. Deals are definitely out there but don't expect a tight, clean pair for much less than $300 from what I have seen. A lnib will cost at least $400+.

Back