• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal XX Pricing?

geedawg

Oakley Expert
Been looking to get into X-Metals, and am really digging the XX's, as they are bigger for my big noggin'. What's a fair price nowadays for a set? NIB price? Used with everything (box, microbag, etc) price? Used with no box price? Would prefer a darker (carbon?) color, with the classic ruby / red lenses.

Thanks!

There's only 4 colorways for XX.

Xmetal/black
Plasma/ice
24k/24k
tio2/vr28

Price varies on colorway, but range from $250ish for falling apart condition to $700-800 for BNIB. On ebay anyway.

TIo2 were made with Black iridium lenses same as the x-metal frames.

There's only 4 colorways for XX.

Xmetal/black
Plasma/ice
24k/24k
tio2/vr28

Price varies on colorway, but range from $250ish for falling apart condition to $700-800 for BNIB. On ebay anyway.

Pricing also depends on the colors too. 24K is the most expensive. Nowadays, Ti02 and Plasma probably demands the same premium in price, due to Ti02's popularity and plasma's rarity. X metal is the cheapest of them all because they're the most common. jcesl2 prices are pretty accurate. Do yourself a favour and find a mint pair for $300ish to $400. Buying a beater pair at $200ish isn't worth the trouble, because refinishing and tightening the nose bridge will set you back close to $100. (If you do find a beater pair, send it the the X-man for servicing)

Funny thing is if you watch the number of auctions listed, 24k with a box seems to be the most common auction. Let me rephrase that. Correctly described auctions that state the glasses as XX. Almost everyone that bought the other colorways intended to wear them, I think a decent percentage of the 24k buyers intended to sell them later.

Plasma disappeared from ebay for a couple months, then a couple were listed. Think there are 4 or 5 active ones right now. There was a guy selling an xmetal/black pair last month that he found while scuba diving at the bottom of a river. They still sold for over $200.

So... a pair with an XXxxxx serial number and 24k lenses was just listed for $150 BIN.

I need to stop buying glasses.

Latest Posts

Back