• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X metal XX questions.. Help identify

AvyChop

Oakley Beginner
Ok here is what I got and a quick background story...

I have been wearing/ buying oakleys since I was a kid and have my fair share of glasses/lenses/goggles etc.. I order mostly from oakleysi these days (prizm maritime and kings camo fuel cells are in the mail). I am by no means a collector or anything just like the glasses and what not. Anyways, my brother and I have traded and bought glasses from each other in the past of certain glasses we grow not to like. About 6, 7 years ago i acquired a pair of X metals from him. I did not think much about it, he didnt really like them so I traded with him. I wore them from time to time but not my usual style of oakley glasses. To be honest I probably last wore them 2-3 years ago. I hate to admit it but I just kind of picked them up the other day after sitting in a case on a shelf at my work desk since I wore them years ago. Now i need your alls help pinning down the details, I never got the box from him, Pretty sure they are X metal XX with the serial number prefix XT so that puts them 1st gen ti02/black? no suffix letter . They are solid, no lose parts, few light marks on one lense. Do I have these Identified properly, I thought they were julietes back when I got them from him. Any info is appreciated , what would they sell for in todays market? Thanks in advance

20160331_174120_zpsns5pjxic.jpg

20160331_174224_zpslvjctruf.jpg

20160331_174211%201_zps40p1fnps.jpg

20160331_174156_zpsfhqcztxy.jpg

Nice, those are definitely TI02's and the worth depends on where you sell them, the value I've seen is around 450 too 550 without the box. I've seen them on eBay for a lot more redicoulousy priced. That's just my two cents tho!

yeah I don't usually sell glasses, a few pairs here and there to friends or my brother like I said. I just never wear this pair and seems somebody else might appreciate them If I decided to get rid of them. I do want to find out what I can about them from you guys. What years were these produced? My brother had to bought them... 15 years ago??

You can go too O-review.com, click on database, and click on glasses. The site has everything you could ever want to see that's Oakey with serials and years produced

Definitely a great pair to have. Congrats on those. If you ever did decide to sell, you would have no problem.

At this point I wish I had the box. I don't even remember him mentioning that many years ago, I have never even kept a box for my glasses, guess that shows me. Figure if it was earlys 2000's whn he got these glasses then he was in high school/freshmen in college.

Back