• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal XX Replacement Lenses

talismanx

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
Just received my XX X-metal (verified they are correct) Black Iridium replacement lenses directly from Oakley. I have one of the original XX X-metal frames with serial# (not the re-released version from around 2007). I tried to get them to fit... the gap where the gasket goes will not close enough to even allow the screw to tighten. The strange part is that I held the lenses that i took out up to the new ones and I cannot see a difference. Is it possible they don't fit the original version of these frames? I put my old lenses back in.. no problem. Even tried a 2nd time.. (definition of insanity). Any info would be helpful.

I remember seeing some of the other guys talking about this a while back... I know some of them have had to file the lenses down to fit which is why I didn't buy the lenses from Oakley even though they are pretty well priced on the site... GL with that, me thinks you will be filing soon!

I was one of them. I think the other was UCDavis.

He had to file one side down to fit. I was JUUUUUUST able to get the screw to bite. I may have to file them down at some point to relieve some of the stress. I didn't tighten them all the way and the gasket kinda floats in there at the moment.

Honestly, for the price you pay vs having a custom cut lens, it's worth it just to buy OEM and file to fit.

that strange, my new black
irid lenses fit my original gen frames with no issue.. serial number 00-somethig so i know its gen1. try get a piece of tracing paper and trace the lens, to check for minute differences between the two. then youll know here to file. not a biggie.. :)

I am currently having the same issue about the replacement lenses. The gap is to big and I can't get the screw to bite. The last thing I want to do is file brand new lenses.

I just replaced mine with no issue they are non serialized re-release. Maybe the orbitals on the serialized pairs are little different than the re-releases

Mine are first gen. These were originally owned by a forum member who filed the lenses and there is a slight gap that bothered me, so I ordered the new lenses. I will put the old lenses back in.....live with the tiny gap and send the new ones back