• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal XX Serial Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunnie

Oakley Enthusiast
BKK & NYC
I got an offer to trade my used Frogskins with an X-Metal XX in X-metal. I went to see and found that the glasses is in good shape, looks legit to me. Just that the nose bombs are lost and been replaced with a stretched Juliet's. I checked the serial number and wondering how many types of font are there? As it was quite small and last digits are faded. I do have a polished Juliet and the font of the serial is just like every other X-metal I've seen. Any of you have XX ever see font other than pic below? (Picture from Google)
5003322577_d2c40d8191_z.jpg

good news. that is actually a PLASMA colored XX. and yes, they are the rarest of all the XX's. original lenses were ice iridium.

as for fonts, off the top of my head i remember 2 different types. the one you see is the engraved version, there is also a printed version (like on the titanium gen1 juliet)... and i vaguely remember the font being different on some of my other juliets...

good news. that is actually a PLASMA colored XX. and yes, they are the rarest of all the XX's. original lenses were ice iridium.

as for fonts, off the top of my head i remember 2 different types. the one you see is the engraved version, there is also a printed version (like on the titanium gen1 juliet)... and i vaguely remember the font being different on some of my other juliets...
This sounds better. Let me put a pic of me in a bit. See if it's legit.

Looks legit. You just need earsocks... And 90% sure those lenses arent legit because unless you custom cut, there are no ruby/fire lenses for the XX
No worries about the lenses as I'm trading just for the frame only. Need to put Rx lenses in it.

Is it possible that the owner has the stem lasered though? Will that ruin the value of the frame?

By the way, the earsocks are on but might not be visible in the pic.
I plan to put Red Custom-X rubber on these anyway, so go for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.