• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal XX Tio2 (soon to have clear lenses)

My old eye require transition lenses. Finally found a shop that is willing to work with me outside the box.
Even sells Oakley Lenses.
Oakley transition lenses is what I will have next.
I had Zeiss top of the line for a $1100,- and inexpensive no name brand for $350,-
Oakley Lenses will cost me about $700,-

Look great! I was minutes away from getting RX transition lenses for my XS a couple years back. I decided not to, and my understanding is that Oakley now won't do RX for any Metals. I'm still considering RX but not sure where yet. I agree wearing metals daily would be awesome as they deserve to be worn!

Yeah, I was working with Chris on RX for XS at that time. I also read a note from him on here that Oakley no longer supports metals. But maybe cuts can be made from other non-Oakley lenses. Hmm...

As far as I understand the process and maybe @Chris A Hardaway correct me.
Your Optometrist orders uncut lenses to your prescription with the base curve your Frame requires and cuts the lens to shape in his shop.
Unless Oakley does not produce blanks with a 8,75 BC your Optom. should be able to cut them for you.

Cool; can't wait to see them! Did you order an iridium coating? Or maybe that's an Oakley only thing.

I recently got Flak 2.0 transitions RXs without iridium as my optometrist said that coating has a tendency to peel/degrade over time (which we've all see happen to our Oakleys). But for Metals, I'd probably go for it to avoid the 100% clear look.

So previously I had a pair done via Oakley, with the iridium coating and whilst they looked great as sunglasses they looked awful as everyday glasses.

so I’ve gone for grey transitions with the addition of in car transition.

the lenses will not be Oakley, however the company I ordered from orders the correct curve and cuts them, I had to pay a £25 surcharge for the shaping of the lenses, and the total came to just over £100 instead of many hundreds.

I would rather go legit Oakley, but it’s not always the case.

Oakley doesn't do all of the other transition types (ex. in-car), so your lenses are really better in my opinion! I wanted in-car for my Flaks but Oakley just does brown/grey; nothing else.

Why did they look awful as everyday glasses with iridium?

Back