• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal XX Plasma

Batfink82

Oakley Beginner
Hi i'm new here and just looking for some information.

Are Oakley X Metal XX (serial number XP00####) particularly rare?

They have black iridium lenses.

Any info greatly received.

Hi i'm new here and just looking for some information.

Are Oakley X Metal XX (serial number XP00####) particularly rare?

They have black iridium lenses.

Any info greatly received.

You have pictures? X Metals in general are pretty rare, being that they're discontinued. Pictures help! XX are definitely rarer than standard Juliets though and worth quite a bit, if I'm not mistaken.

IMG_3917.JPG
IMG_3918.JPG
IMG_3919.JPG
IMG_3920.JPG
IMG_3921.JPG
IMG_3922.JPG
Hi. Thanks some photo below.

Yep, those are worth quite a bit. Are you looking to sell them? How's the condition of the nose bridge? Is it loose? You can test by holding it from the nose bridge and gently wiggling each lens up and down to see if it moves. There should be resistance to moving in that direction.

Additionally, are there any scratches on the lens?

Hi. I had them refurbished by Oakley a couple of years ago. New lenses, all rubbers and gaskets.

Currently they are selling on eBay.

They are going for more than I expected and I just wondered how rare they were.

I'd just been wearing them without knowing they were worth that much.

Hi. I had them refurbished by Oakley a couple of years ago. New lenses, all rubbers and gaskets.

Currently they are selling on eBay.

They are going for more than I expected and I just wondered how rare they were.

I'd just been wearing them without knowing they were worth that much.

I wouldn't be surprised if they sold for $600.

They are plasma xmetal xx if you want to sell them you won't have any trouble finding a buyer that is one of the mor desireable fnishes as they were discontinued earlier than the other finishes. Somewhere around the $500 mark for one in top condition depending on how complete the set is do you have the box and coin etc?

Very nice. As others have stated, you will have no problem selling those. Plasma is very desirable. Glws.

Back