• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X metal

Bellaireroad

Oakley Beginner
Hello, new to the forum. I have a pair of Oakley X metal, they were purchased by myself around 2000. I had forgotten about them and found them in a drawer the other day. They have the original clamshell case. There is a serial number on the inner bridge of the nose... 102620... they have X METAL stamped in the left-hand lens bottom corner. Unfortunately there are some micro cracks in the lenses were the screws hold the frame together at the top. These can only be seen if they are held up to the light.

Are original lens is still available for those? What is their worth, as they stand, and with replacement lenses? Thank you

The pair you have is called Romeo, you can have OEM lenses cut from other Oakley’s to fit them, there are a few original lenses through 3rd party sales like eBay and forum members here, pictures would help determine value

Thanks, so I guess it’s better to use original lenses. ...... Are there after market lenses iavailable?

Some people like aftermarket lenses and some are purists and only use oakleys optics. It's up to you but since it's a romeo I would recommend restoring it as originally as possible to maintain as much value as you can.

Value depends on the finish so it will be best if you throw a pic up like nortika said.

9558AC3A-84C7-451B-BEAC-8CD2EA395B1E.jpeg
AAFD86C3-3444-47AA-8F88-BD89EE8F388E.jpeg
144DDFF5-E128-4A2F-95F1-C37751A226F8.jpeg

It's finish is called X-metal, and it is in good shape. I would say there's no need to change the lenses, only if you want of course.

That looks in good shape, a Romeo 1 (one of the most sought after X-Metal frames).

You can get new custom cut lenses, and you can try and find OEM Etched original lenses. @Chris A Hardaway sells and cuts Oakley lenses and provides excellent customer service.
There are aftermarket lenses available, (Linegear, Fuse, Revant) — Keep Oakley lenses if you want to sell, collectors devalue a non-Oakley lens. (I throw them away personally)

If you intended to sell, take some outdoor pictures and place on the “What are these worth” thread and you should get better responses.

Latest Posts

Back