• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metals In The Wild

Back in undergrad a dental student friend would wear his Penny around campus. He let me try 'em on and I told myself I just had to have a pair of X-Metals one day.

Im not sure anyone familiar with Boracay island in philippines but just by walking from end to end of the island, ive seen at least a handful of men wearing legit juliets and XS. 2 were plasma ice juliets if i remember correctly.

Only saw it once. It was my classmate who was wearing juliet xmetal/black iridium. That was also the day i fell in love with the juliet.

9u2uduha.jpg

Wore my TI02 XX to the beach last weekend :). I have only seen one other person wearing Juliets and that was a guy at work.

I've only encountered a few and I'm Dfw. A cop, a cable worker, and a buddy who played softball with me that is getting ready to sell me his pair ;).

I think Oakley XS are getting popular now, ive seen many wearing them including wearing inside the mall . But for the rare x metals, i seldom see one.

not counting when i meet fellow enthusiasts, ive seen to date-

24KXX twice - one on the tram driver at Sydney Harbour, and one on a guy at Universal Studios Singapore

HalfX - guy at the Vault in Perth

Juliets - Ducati, Plasma Ice, polished fire, Xmetal ruby
and
Xsquared - Xmetal Ruby, Xmetal RX - on the trains

Also seen a Butterscotch and a Electric Blue Scar to date... theyre SORT of Xmetal... the temple lugs in them are anyway heh.

I wear my Romeos daily and my Denim Mars about one a week/every 2 weeks... see if that boosts the odds a little haha. Have yet to see a Romeo1, Romeo2, Mars, or Penny in the wild..

Seen a guy in the grocery store last year with carbon xs,i was looking to long at him and now he probably thinks im gay.but these looked good seeing them on someone else.it comes down to really one thing.....the x-metal people are an "elite" group.i also get a lot of "those look really expnsive" all I can do is just smile and wave.

That is an interesting question and one I never thought of until now. I have never seen a pair of X-Metals in all my travels and I notice sunglasses a lot. I notice a lot of non-x-metal oakleys. I was in Albuqurque a few weeks ago and while I was in the pool a guy wearing Deviations kept staring at me when he thought I wasn't looking. He was trying to get a good look at my X-Squared. I don't think he recognized the glasses and was trying to see the logo.

Back