• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metals In The Wild

Lol for some reason that made me think of the story in Norse mythology where Thor's hammer is forged (the original mythology, not the Marvel Comics stuff). In it Loki loses a wager to some dwarves where his stake was his head. When they go to cut it off, though, he points out that they may have won his head but they couldn't touch his neck. So instead they just sewed his mouth shut.

Personally I would have bashed Loki's skull in... :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's a summary of the myth if anyone's interested:
The Creation of Thor's Hammer - Norse Mythology for Smart People
I think marvel is doing wrong. Lol

On average I maybe see 2 people a year wearing a Juliet out, Plasma / Ice or Fire... Never seen rarer colours or other styles like Romeos or Pennys worn in the wild.

Been about 2 years since I've seen an X-Metal out and about-and all I've ever seen are the standard Juliet fare (Plasma/Ice, Plasma/Fire). Just shows how small the enthusiast community is

I suspect there are more out there who leave X-Metals in their displays, & wear more 'disposable' Oakleys out & about. I don't notice folks in Holbrooks or Fuel Cells cause personally I think they're &^%$ ugly :cool-33:

Good point- but I still can't wrap my head around leaving a near indestructible item which can be completely rehabbed with little expense (relatively) just sitting in a case never worn. If anything the pieces people should leave in their cases are the O-Matters or the frames with rubber that there's no aftermarket sources for. Shrug, to each their own- me? I'm wearing these frigging science wrapped in art face jewelry LOL

I've yet to see any X-Metals in the wild in my podunk local area and I only received a compliment on my R1 once here. My OCP Jawbreaker, on the other hand, folks go wild for that loud thing all the time.

Sent from Q's Note5

Back