• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metals In The Wild

Again you put it in X-Metal frame.

@Litos i respect your point. I believe that I've never seen any of those matte other than in X-Metal frame, so I really am not convinced that only the matte lens did it, i think the matte lens combination with Oakley X-Metal frame made it stands out garnering those cool mentions/ praises.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
No...

I can almost guarantee you that you could take a Holbrook with Sapphire and an actual Dillon Frame with Dillon Lenses, put them side by side and 10 out of 10 people would be more interested in the Dillon...not even joking...

Again, I can wear my XMetal XX with DWB Prizm lenses or Rubies or Jades or even Chrome, and then wear them again with Dillon lenses, and I will get more people asking me about the Dillons...

Not because they're in an XMetal that 98% of the American population is clueless about, its because the Matte lenses stop people in their tracks...

I speak from experience...do you ???

Last edited:
It's not complicated - colored mirror lenses are all over the place, they're not uncommon or expensive. Matte lenses are previously unheard of, dillon created them and they're still mostly unknown. Of course they'd draw more attention. They make people think of Spider Man.

I work with people from different country's a lot. There is a British man that comes down and wears polished juliets with the original ruby, still have yet to ask him, but they always look amazing and in perfect shape. Saw a pair of carbon juliets on a submariner one time. And a pair of gold tinted Romeo 2 on a tester from Rhode Island, all have been in 2016

No...

I can almost guarantee you that you could take a Holbrook with Sapphire and an actual Dillon Frame with Dillon Lenses, put them side by side and 10 out of 10 people would be more interested in the Dillon...not even joking...

Again, I can wear my XMetal XX with DWB Prizm lenses or Rubies or Jades or even Chrome, and then wear them again with Dillon lenses, and I will get more people asking me about the Dillons...

Not because they're in an XMetal that 98% of the American population is clueless about, its because the Matte lenses stop people in their tracks...

I speak from experience...do you ???

Experience based in actual owning or holding one in person? It won't surprise you surely that I am not since few individuals owns those cool matte lenses.But I do seen and even liked enough post/pic in the interwebs to know what I am liking it for and to that is what I'd based my opinio. As one of the few owners of those lenses , I acknowledge that you speak in a high degree of authority regarding the matter and I do respect that. I just don't entirely believe that only the matte lenses is the sole factor for the hyped attention it gets.
Just for comparison sake, a matte lenses on a Dillon frame side by side with let's say an Infinite Hero Juliet, in my opinion will not always favor to Dillon's (the legendary Juliet frame does "stop people on their tracks" and also true to the majority of the fabled X-Metal line up). Likewise a comparison of matte lenses on Holbrook side by side with matte lenses on XMetal XX will be favoured surely with the latter.

I just don't entirely believe that only the matte lenses is the sole factor for the hyped attention it gets.
Yes it is...

The Dillon frames are boring and gross, but even if an OEM Drake Dillon frame is sitting next to an IH Juliet on a table, 10 out of 10 people will gravitate to the Dillon simply BECAUSE of the lenses...

Everybody has seen purple lenses before - they're as saturated as red, yellow and blue, but not many people have seen a matte lens with their own eyes...

Just as I can easily say, with confidence, that a Dillon Holbrook will get more attention than a Romeo 1 with Ruby lenses...

The matte lenses are the money maker here, not the frame...

Yes it is...

The Dillon frames are boring and gross, but even if an OEM Drake Dillon frame is sitting next to an IH Juliet on a table, 10 out of 10 people will gravitate to the Dillon simply BECAUSE of the lenses...

Everybody has seen purple lenses before - they're as saturated as red, yellow and blue, but not many people have seen a matte lens with their own eyes...

Just as I can easily say, with confidence, that a Dillon Holbrook will get more attention than a Romeo 1 with Ruby lenses...

The matte lenses are the money maker here, not the frame...
I somewhat disagree, most people buy for the brand first. The frame second and the lenes third . If that were true about the lenses, Dillion would monster in sales and every one would own one. They are not

I somewhat disagree, most people buy for the brand first. The frame second and the lenes third . If that were true about the lenses, Dillion would monster in sales and every one would own one. They are not
Dillon said a small company with 5 employees...you just can't go into a Sunglasses Hut and find a Dillon, because Lux doesn't own them yet...

They're distributors are small almost all of them are privately owned businesses...

They obviously don't have the backing of a major company like Lux...

But trust me, my Dillon lenses have had more compliments about them than any OEM Oakley lens I've ever owned...

It's not even close...

Its hard being one of 3 or 4 people with these lenses, but if you had a pair, you'd understand...

Dillon said a small company with 5 employees...you just can't go into a Sunglasses Hut and find a Dillon, because Lux doesn't own them yet...

They're distributors are small almost all of them are privately owned businesses...

They obviously don't have the backing of a major company like Lux...

But trust me, my Dillon lenses have had more compliments about them than any OEM Oakley lens I've ever owned...

It's not even close...

Its hard being one of 3 or 4 people with these lenses, but if you had a pair, you'd understand...
We all can't be ballers like you. They should sell nir lenses to us to get lenses out there and their for name too. It looks good if you have a bunch of Oakley die hards choosing there lenses over their own brand. Baby steps to achieve huge strides.. They are looking at wrong way. We will never rock their frames unless they step up their game on them.. We will rock their lenses and that will create sales from other non diehard that will rock their frames that are not brand loyal..I don't know of A larger sunglasses forum that can give a company like Dillon push then us

We all can't be ballers like you. They should sell nir lenses to us to get lenses out there and their for name too. It looks good if you have a bunch of Oakley die hards choosing there lenses over their own brand. Baby steps to achieve huge strides.. They are looking at wrong way. We will never rock their frames unless they step up their game on them.. We will rock their lenses and that will create sales from other non diehard that will rock their frames that are not brand loyal..I don't know of A larger sunglasses forum that can give a company like Dillon push then us
I agree...

Having Dillon's in XMetals is the best of both worlds...

Matte lenses in titanium frames is drool worthy on every level...

The Dillon frames are just as boring as some of Oakleys frames, but the Matte lenses is what sells...

Back