• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metals In The Wild

Guy at Après ski in the resort we're staying in was wearing a pair of Juliet Plasma Fire.

Seems like I see at least one pair of X-Metals a year while skiing in France.

Plasma / Ice Juliet and an X metal / Ruby Penny spotted whilst on holiday last week in Woolacombe Bay - Devon, UK. Same place, just 4 days apart !

Plasma / Ice Juliet and an X metal / Ruby Penny spotted whilst on holiday last week in Woolacombe Bay - Devon, UK. Same place, just 4 days apart !
You would have passed within 2mins of my place on your way down/back - I am just off j24 of the m5...!

Stop off next time you're down this way - much cheaper than Bridgwater Services...!

You would have passed within 2mins of my place on your way down/back - I am just off j24 of the m5...!

Stop off next time you're down this way - much cheaper than Bridgwater Services...!
Thank you very much pal that is very nice of you to offer and I if I get the opportunity again I will take you up on that!
Most appreciated :)
Cheers Stu !​

I've been all over the world and the only other pair of x metals I've seen in the wild were a pair of Romeo 1s owned by my first Captain on my first ship.

Looking at today's offerings, most of the frames out there suck. I've been wearing a pair of flaks lately and the frame is boring compared to any of the x metals. The only one I've really liked from the last few years is the tinfoil.

With regard to the dillons, they are a sweet looking lens, their frames could use a lot of work.

I have THREE recent sightings to report, possibly including 4 pairs:

Week before last at the Tool show in Hershey, guy had an XMXX, BI I presume. I did not get a great look at them but I'm confident based on what I saw the orbitals and hammerstems. I think I saw a Plasma/Fire R1 at a distance, not 100% on that, a big crowd with lots of people in the middle.

I saw an XM Juliet BI(P?) at a local infosec conference a couple of weeks prior, at BSidesCharm. The guy also had a Kitchen Sink that looked to be in good shape. I was wearing a pair of custom Craters at the time and tossed him a compliment. He blew it off and made some comment about 'just buying whatever was on sale...'. ...meh

I also had a vendor visit at work recent wearing a Plasma/Ice Juliet. I asked where he got those and he said he had them for a while. They need some help and he's cool so I intend to hook him up and help keep his X-Metal alive in the wild!!! :cool:

Back