• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metals In The Wild

@cacatman 's list brought me here...

About a month or so ago, so a guy at the VA Aquarium wearing XS metal w/ BIP and we had an O-bro moment.
Wearing Split Jackets instead of my metals at the time, my wife elbowed me, "stop staring."

"Hey, bro, nice X-Squared's!"
"Thanks man!"

We both smiled like dumb kids on Christmas, nodded, and went our separate ways. Clearly made both of our day.

"You're a dork...." (my wife, not impressed, shaking her head)

@cacatman 's list brought me here...

About a month or so ago, so a guy at the VA Aquarium wearing XS metal w/ BIP and we had an O-bro moment.
Wearing Split Jackets instead of my metals at the time, my wife elbowed me, "stop staring."

"Hey, bro, nice X-Squared's!"
"Thanks man!"

We both smiled like dumb kids on Christmas, nodded, and went our separate ways. Clearly made both of our day.

"You're a dork...." (my wife, not impressed, shaking her head)
My wife would have said the same thing.

My comment everytime my wife 'negs' me....

"Well you married me, what does that say about you?"

Saw a guy at work (someone new), coming into the building with shades. On closer inspection saw they were "O"s but I couldn't make out what they were. While my brain was trying to come up with a model he was gone (getting slow in my old age). Missing o-review for times like these.

Saw a hiker on Diamond Head (Oahu) today sporting X Metal juliets with what appeared to be fire lenses. Didn't get a chance to say anything as we were on the move.

Mentioned it to my wife and she proceeded to make fun of me for a few minutes.

Saw a guy in Waikiki with a pair of X Metal Half X today. Considered offering him a hundred bucks for the glasses to see if he would sell them. Alas, I kept walking.

Saw a guy in Waikiki with a pair of X Metal Half X today. Considered offering him a hundred bucks for the glasses to see if he would sell them. Alas, I kept walking.

Should ask! One will not know the answer without asking!

3rd hit in a week, saw a guy at the ice cream shop with X Metal Juliets and late model ruby (fruby) lenses.

I really need to start carrying a couple of Franklins for these occasions.

Back