• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metals (Juliet and XX) Need your Expertise

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
Hello again,
While browsing in what I call the "mexican ebay", I found a couple of X-Metal for what I believe is a good price. First comes a Juliet, no serial confirmed yet, but I do know it originaly came with Ice lenses(I guess that makes it a plasma) which are beat, the rubber seems to be trash as well, but the frame looks in quite decent condition. I believe the only thing included is the mfbag and the Juliets. They are asking $2800 mex pesos (close to $155 usd). I know it is a beater, but I don't know if that is a good price for a beater, what do you think?

There's also have a XX which I believe is an X-Metal finish (sorry, I'm new to Xmetals, so I'm still trying to figure each one out). This one comes with the mfbag only, the pictures show great condition of the frame and lenses as well as the serial, but I did notice that the left orbital gasket is missing (that, or the whole screw is gone), you can see that the seller avoids showing this part. I talked to him and he will be sending extra pictures just to be sure. But the price concerns me, I haven't seen a lot of XX Xmetal finish in the exchange threads, so I don't know if this is rare or not. Asking price: $8500 mex pesos (close to $460 usd). I think this one is a bit overpriced but I've never seen this finish on a XX so, who knows? (hopefully one of you).

Please let me know what you think, I'm not desperate to buy these, so if anyone is interested I'll pass you the link to the sale.

Thanks again!

x.png

x2.png

x3.png

y.png

y2.png

y3.png

y4.png

y5.png

Last edited:
Juliet @ that price is worth it in my opinion.

The xx most common color way was the xmetal finish and without box, coin and in good/great condition I would say that price is a high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juliet @ that price is worth it in my opinion.

The xx most common color way was the xmetal finish and without box, coin and in good/great condition I would say that price is a high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't knew that about the XX, I thought the common was TI02. Oh well, those have been discarded, I'll try to snatch the Juliets if I can. Thanks for the info

All excellent advice above. Couldn't agree more. Grab the Juliet, anything less than $200 for a beater Juliet is a good deal in my opinion. Try to get the price on the XX way down. $300 would be what I'd be looking to pay for that pair.

How much would the Xx TI02 be worth? The guy is also selling that one for $8500 pesos, rougly $400usd, is that good?
And once again if anyone is interested please let me know I'll help you in any way I can

How much would the Xx TI02 be worth? The guy is also selling that one for $8500 pesos, rougly $400usd, is that good?
And once again if anyone is interested please let me know I'll help you in any way I can

Of course depends on condition, but 400usd is a good price if in good condition. Of course if you can get him down, it would be even better. Have seen full set with box and coin in great condition go for 450-600, just depending.

Of course depends on condition, but 400usd is a good price if in good condition. Of course if you can get him down, it would be even better. Have seen full set with box and coin in great condition go for 450-600, just depending.
Hmmm ok, I'll try negotiating and see what I can get. Thanks for the tip!

Back