• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X metals large head?

Romeo 1 is actually bigger than the XX by a considerable margin. If you have a larger head that's probably the one to start with if you can afford it, though all of them can be adjusted somewhat with T-shocks and nose bombs to fit a wide range of head sizes and shapes.

Agree, Romeo 1 is the largest and could be something you're interested in, but prob the most expensive of the bunch. XX may be an option also. And as mentioned, you can adjust the temple shox size to help with fit.

XX frames fit the same as Juliets - they're only larger for coverage but not the fitting size temple to temple. If you've a large head or wide face, Romeo 1 or X-Squared are pretty much your only comfortable options. If you want a particular style you can also get looser fit tune ups in the bridge to wear such frames that are otherwise impossible on a big head. One such example is Penny which is designed for smaller heads.

What pair name ? If u can help

XX X-Metal (not XX 'plastic'). X Metal is forged titanium, but also refers to a particular 'Dull Grey' finish on the glasses. A Plasma finish XX was also produced which lets say looks silvery, but not polished.

Romeo and Juliets are the same width, at least that's how it felt when I had them both. I have an XL head and wearing either pair more than 1 hour gives me headaches due to the tension of the arms and the weight of the frames. I ended up selling both pairs. Check out some Dispatch 1 if you can find them, they are the LARGEST frame Oakleys I've ever come across. You can see my Aussie Dispatch 1 with blue lenses in my avatar and they're very comfortable :)

Romeo and Juliets are the same width, at least that's how it felt when I had them both. I have an XL head and wearing either pair more than 1 hour gives me headaches due to the tension of the arms and the weight of the frames. I ended up selling both pairs. Check out some Dispatch 1 if you can find them, they are the LARGEST frame Oakleys I've ever come across. You can see my Aussie Dispatch 1 with blue lenses in my avatar and they're very comfortable :)

Can depend on the rubber size use on the ear shocks as to how tight they feel. The OP is looking go info on X Metal here though, not O Matter frames.

Latest Posts

Back