• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metals Performing Under Extreme Conditions

rex360hype

I should Work at Oakley
TX
Like what the title says... Any of you guys used your babies on extreme conditions? How did your x-metals perform? I guess I'm asking because I wanted to wear either one of my juliets or maybe my PB2 while rafting (possibly flipping over and going for a swim) but I'm a bit hesitant cause I've never used them for that matter... Does the metal corrode or something? Sorry for the ignorance, but I have been treasuring my old one and just have started collecting again. Any thoughts or previous experience would be greatly appreciated! :)

Any thoughts or previous experience would be greatly appreciated! :)

Metals handle it? For sure! But, could you handle never seeing them again if they fall off? Ask the guy who lost his C Six in a lake while jet skiing. My thought would be something a little less expensive and easier to replace. Some variation of a Jacket would be better suited.

Water isn't going to hurt them, but losing 300$+ shades is gonna hurt you.

Get a wind jacket kit and wear that

Don't wear a pair like that, only because of the " What If" factor. They would be fine, no diff if you washed them at home in those conditions. Saltwater is fine also but make sure fresh water is used to wash off any salt residue.

Like what the title says... Any of you guys used your babies on extreme conditions? How did your x-metals perform? I guess I'm asking because I wanted to wear either one of my juliets or maybe my PB2 while rafting (possibly flipping over and going for a swim) but I'm a bit hesitant cause I've never used them for that matter... Does the metal corrode or something? Sorry for the ignorance, but I have been treasuring my old one and just have started collecting again. Any thoughts or previous experience would be greatly appreciated! :)

The other thing to bear in mind if using them for adrenaline sports is that x-metal frames are significantly stronger than the bones making up your face. Stick to o-matter for sports!