• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X metals vs. ..

ajcon200

I should Work at Oakley
uk
I have read through old threads many times pitting x metal against x metal. When those threads were posted some x metals had been discontinued. Some hadn't. Some were being reminisced while others were still being reviewed. Just wondering what a current pole would look like. The dust has settled on the x metals. Just wondering if people have revised opinions of they're favourite x metal. Or what new members like myself who were not around a couple of years ago would view they're favourite x metal. ... .. .. there is two new legitimate x metals in circulation now. (Just want to stir). So ... They could even be included. Who knows. The badman might oust the half x?

Well. It's difficult for me. I have had 3 of the original x metals... And I am biased as I'm riding a bit of an x squared wave at the moment finding 5 retails pairs. (Hopefully 6) I have 3 juliets. And owned a Romeo 1. But the first x metal I ever saw was a polished carbon x squared. And one is on its way to me... I think that will nail on my answer being x squared. But the Juliet is amazing... And maybe more wearable. And Romeo was a masterpiece. I was just afraid to wear it.

XS for me. Juliet is a close second. (i just wish the XS nose bridge had the rivet look while still being screw in pins)

i have not had a Romeo 1 yet though. (even though i have some cut violet lenses and linegear purple rubbers stashed for the day i pull the trigger on buying a Romeo 1 frame. lol.)

Romeo1>Juliet=penny>xsquared and the rest.( bad, mad not on list)

Back