• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metals X-pensive?

Hitech Vojtech

I should Work at Oakley
Shanghai,China
Just wanted to aquire a pair of Racing Jackets and realised the price tag was 220USD,couldnt get it cheaper the particular model(non even polar lenses)...same with Jawbreaker over 230 for prism model...
that makes me think X metals are not that expensive comparing to that....especially when you can get used pair of juliets in great shape around 200-250usd....sure Romeo starting at 600 and other metals are not comparable to any standard O-Matter

yeah feel like living under the rock :D Like being into metals only last few years I didnt buy any O matter frames recently(except vintage RJ's or MFrames)
so I am bit surprised that for nice colour combo or with Prizm lens you gonna spend more then 200usd for sure and you are still with plastic model comparing to X metal/Pitboss....
anyway just thinking X metals are overall not that X-pensive as many people thinks....and the value keeps growing,which you cannot tell about Flaks or Jawbreakers and others....

Absolutely agree - especially since I've had XX TiO2 for 13 years now and got them when they retailed for under 300 bucks - I've only sent them in once for a tuneup. I picked up a Prizm Flak 2.0 Road last year (my second pair of Oakley's in the same amount of time) and while they are very nice - I like the red ear socks and the lens and was totally caught off guard at how light they are - they ain't no X-Metal XX TiO2s!

Just wanted to aquire a pair of Racing Jackets and realised the price tag was 220USD,couldnt get it cheaper the particular model(non even polar lenses)...same with Jawbreaker over 230 for prism model...
that makes me think X metals are not that expensive comparing to that....especially when you can get used pair of juliets in great shape around 200-250usd....sure Romeo starting at 600 and other metals are not comparable to any standard O-Matter
Keep in mind that you're compairing a brand new complete Jawbreaker to a Juliet frame and lens only. $250 xmetals needs a lot of work/refurbishing and replacing lens.

Apples and oranges really.

not necessary,I got few times for 250 last time very good condition juliets,no issue,top shape or like new plasma/carbon juliets would be like 300+ agree,
but at the same time after you know O matter frames are tight only as new ,even after few months of use especially the stems /highes get bit loose and the switchlock get worn out a little as well :/ they both have some pros and cons...
Its just lets say x metals are bit more xpensive but you almost wont loose money if you want get rid of them,which is different for o matter frames,that usually loose at least 30-40 % imho...