• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X serial Juliet question

Aggie07

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
6323DF07-D9E9-4174-A3BD-866D8988BCB0.jpeg
I have seen these glasses with a serial containing 6 digits, but the early boxes having only 5 digits to compare against. Does anyone know if this is legit and an early flaw from Oakley with these particular pairs? Thanks

Last edited:
Most of the second gens are like that. Like a second gen Ice juliet will have a leading B on the box serial but of course not on the frame. It replaces the 1 on the frame. So it’s definitely not uncommon.

Also, home made labels are a thing. I’m not saying this is one but it’s possible. I’ve seen XM/Ruby boxes say both X Metal and Black for the frame color but I’ve only ever seen the box say Ruby for lens color. Never seen Ruby Red.

At the end of the day though that’s how oakley rolled back then. They did whatever they wanted and be damned if it made sense lol

Personally I would think it’s ok but others may have a different opinion.

@dragonvoi @Carrera1963 @kronin323 @Funky-Trixtar

Any one of those guys should have a good idea too.

X-Serials with X-Men tie-in, supposedly the first 5000 with Black frame listed instead of X-Metal(not too sure as to whether this occured on only these first 5000 or if it was just random early X-Men printing iregularities) . But after that, still with the X denomination, continued into the high twenty thousands at most from what I've seen.
I've never seen Ruby Red written on the box like that, however, as Si explained, there was little rhyme or reason as to how the boxes were printed, in some cases.

Last edited:
looks legit, but only can really verify in person. there are certain characteristics of a label that tell you it's the real deal. did someone scan it yet? I am not near my phone.

edit: scanned the bar code...04-116~X02704.