• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared 24K Box Question (Assembled In USA??)

I don't see any reason why all X Metals could not make the same statement as all were manufactured in the Nevada plant.
Your thread does bring up an interesting follow-up: Where were all the 24K X metals plated? All the X Metals were cast and finished at the Nevada plant but where was the 24K plating and final assembly done?
Maybe the plating was done outside the US which would explain the "assembled" wrinkle.
Not a thread hi-jack so much as an expansion...

Very good insight. I was assuming the same...these were plated outside US. If that is the case, I am a little disappointed since I payed after market price for these.

I don't see any reason why all X Metals could not make the same statement as all were manufactured in the Nevada plant.
Your thread does bring up an interesting follow-up: Where were all the 24K X metals plated? All the X Metals were cast and finished at the Nevada plant but where was the 24K plating and final assembly done?
Maybe the plating was done outside the US which would explain the "assembled" wrinkle.
Not a thread hi-jack so much as an expansion...

Neither of mine have any such sticker. Is it on the UPC label or a separate sticker?

I posted a picture up top. It is a sticker toward the bottom of the UPC label. Could you please post a pic of yours?
Neither of mine have any such sticker. Is it on the UPC label or a separate sticker?

That's pretty strange, I've never seen that before. Mine are basically the same but without that sticker, two X-squared and One Juliet, all came directly from Oakley.

IMG_0896.jpg

I have a pair of older Juliet's that have a somewhat similar sticker that also says "Cotia Trading S/A" which is Oakley's distributor in Brasil. A lot of countries require an origin ID on the box, so I'm thinking these may have been intended for export and that is just some generic sticker the exporter stuck on the box.

Either way I doubt they plated them elsewhere. The actual process of plating is not that labor intensive, and most of the expense is raw material cost which would not change. Gold costs the same here as it does in Mexico, China, etc. The carbon frames are basically a type of plated finish as well, and FMJ is similar. Both are done in house, so I can't see why Oakley would hire this out.

Hmmm, got mine on eBay. Assuming they are not fakes. I took out of the box and they look great. I did just post the auction in the "fake or real" thread. I am not sure if I ever saw a fake metal. I can see these being exports and Oakley adding the sticker.

The box looks good, but just has the extra sticker. There are fakes out there but all the ones i have seen are made of plastic, so as long as they are metal you're good.

That sticker is kind of funny. I have seen around 10 24K X-Metal boxes and don't remember seeing that sticker on any of them. The exporting reason would kind of make sense I guess.