• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared And XX Comparison

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
So some of you may have seen in the general discussion thread that my wife has pretty much given me permission to spend $2000 on oakleys while on holidays in LA in august. My question is can someone give a comparison between X squared (that I already own) and X metal XX. I have tried on the juliets and I find that the lenses aren't tall enough for my liking but otherwise fit fine, they aren't too tight or loose and the X squared fixes that issue bigger lenses and they are squared ( like I prefer them to be) . How does the XX fair up to the X squared? May look into picking up another piece to the X metal line. Thanks for any input

On me, the XX are wider than the XS. They fit bigger on my medium sized head. For someone who suits smaller frames like the O matter XX (Twenty) and five squared, i'm surprised you would even consider the X Metal XX. Yes the orbitals are taller than the Juliet, but the frame is definitely wider. You might be able to wear it if you use the size 25 temple shocks though.

The temple shocks make all the difference... My head is small enough that a penny fits me perfectly. I had a pair of romeo 1s recently with 25 temple shocks and they actually fit really comfortably. I was surprised the difference the bigger shocks made. They were still too big for my face but they fit well on my head.

On me, the XX are wider than the XS. They fit bigger on my medium sized head. For someone who suits smaller frames like the O matter XX (Twenty) and five squared, i'm surprised you would even consider the X Metal XX. Yes the orbitals are taller than the Juliet, but the frame is definitely wider. You might be able to wear it if you use the size 25 temple shocks though.

The XS fit me fine (according to me lol) although I could use bigger temple shocks so I was just curious about the fit of the xx. Being that I may have $2000 to spend I may as well get something worth while

You know the XX has been discontinued for quite a few years already, right? I think you'd be lucky to even find Juliets and XS's in the O Stores when you get here in August.

Back