• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-squared Availability

jdavenp3

Oakley Beginner
First thread, hello all...

I have been a life long Oakley wearer. Mostly M-Frame, Radar, Radarlocks, a few Minutes, Frogskins, and other typical purchases throughout the years.

At one point I had 4 pair of Magnesium M-Frames (3 plasma, 1 denim) and they were unfortunately mangled by an English bulldog. I sold the frames that were still useable and dumped the lenses.

So, with that back story, here is my question....

How often do X-squared come around? I am thinking of taking a plunge and purchasing a pair. I am a Fire Iridium nuthead-it is literally all I have ever worn for any extended period of time. So what skus/product descriptions should I be looking for because I am unfamiliar in what frame/lens combos are out there.

Thanks all..

Plasma with Fire Polar was the only default fire XS pair. XS arent as common as they were when they were still in production. You can luck out and get complete sets on embay. If you stick around here read the rules and you can enter our exchange area where some pop up here and there as well.

Thanks Oakley-olic and nyhokie...

Atrain, I have looked through the exchange area and pickings a slim (unless I am not seeing all the listings due to being new). Also, by complete sets do you mean the coin and other accessories or is there something I should be looking for in regards to a set. Plasma w/ Fire Polarized would be perfect if I could ever find a pair.

Also, by complete sets do you mean the coin and other accessories or is there something I should be looking for in regards to a set. Plasma w/ Fire Polarized would be perfect if I could ever find a pair.
Complete set usually means the way the pair came from the store. For the XS, that would mean glasses, xmetal soft vault, microfiber bag, box, collector coin, papers, and extra t-shox and nose pieces. A complete set costs more, but holds value better if you decide to sell one day.

EDIT: Forgot the soft vault and microfiber cleaning bag

Last edited:
Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind when looking around places. I guess the search shall now begin haha.

Are you looking for pairs to wear or to collect LNIB examples? Not personally selling anything but just curious...

XS were the last x-metal frame released; I see a lot of them around here but you're looking at average these days $400.

They were released in the following colorways (according to o-review)

24K / Ti pol
Carbon / BI
Carbon / BI ducati (red rubbers)
Carbon / oo BIP
Plasma / Fire pol
Plasma / Ice
Polished / VR28 BIP
Polished Carbon / BIP
X-metal / Ruby

I have a polished carbon / BIP XS; if I were to buy another it'd be plasma / fire pol but that seems a popular colorway, harder to get... I don't think I've ever seen polished / VR28 BIP for sale, but maybe that's just me; sounds beautiful, though...

Or you could get a plasma and a x-metal and swap parts (T6 driver) to make XS Ti02 / negative Ti02... I did that with Juliets plasma / carbon and they're awesome (thanks x-man)...

Latest Posts

Back