• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-squared Availability

Are you looking for pairs to wear or to collect LNIB examples? Not personally selling anything but just curious...

XS were the last x-metal frame released; I see a lot of them around here but you're looking at average these days $400.

They were released in the following colorways (according to o-review)

24K / Ti pol
Carbon / BI
Carbon / BI ducati (red rubbers)
Carbon / oo BIP
Plasma / Fire pol
Plasma / Ice
Polished / VR28 BIP
Polished Carbon / BIP
X-metal / Ruby

I have a polished carbon / BIP XS; if I were to buy another it'd be plasma / fire pol but that seems a popular colorway, harder to get... I don't think I've ever seen polished / VR28 BIP for sale, but maybe that's just me; sounds beautiful, though...

Or you could get a plasma and a x-metal and swap parts (T6 driver) to make XS Ti02 / negative Ti02... I did that with Juliets plasma / carbon and they're awesome (thanks x-man)...

Mainly looking for pairs to wear. I am not much of a collector- I put glasses through the ringer. I am a high school softball coach, so my radarlocks get beat. However, these would probably be casual wear. I really enjoy the carbon frames but I am a Fire Iridium guy. I am not sure what price range I should be looking for? Not sure if I should wait a few months to see if prices go down some or if that thought process will backfire.

Welcome to the forum bro yeah 300 to 400 dollars range bro 400 being complete with box

Thanks. That is not too extreme, basically what I thought. Are there any other places I should look at other than the marketplace here and on ebay?

Mainly looking for pairs to wear. I am not much of a collector- I put glasses through the ringer. I am a high school softball coach, so my radarlocks get beat. However, these would probably be casual wear. I really enjoy the carbon frames but I am a Fire Iridium guy. I am not sure what price range I should be looking for? Not sure if I should wait a few months to see if prices go down some or if that thought process will backfire.

You can still get Fire lenses from Oakley so you dont have to just get the plasma although it looks pretty damn sweet

Oh I have no problems with plasma frames. My favorite Oakleys ever, the Mag M frame, was plasma/fire. My sister in law is an optometrist and gets Oakley replacement lenses very cheap.

I'm not even sure how these bad boy will look on me but it seems I should have no problem getting the majority of my money back on them if I decide to sell.

ebay no way bro if you can get it there in that price range its okay I see them selling on the high 500 which is I think stupid but hey a nimrod would probably buy it in that price range.

I am just new to the market of the x squared. I definitely know how people on ebay prices their things. I just didn't know if frames are available regularly on here or if I should be looking in different places to find some. Or even complete sets. I just do not want to pay "collector" price when I am going to wear them.

Like should I search around in stores in my area for a pair or is that a useless endeavor?

Take your time is the best advice. I've gotten great deals through ebay, and through forum members. Timing and patience are key.

Back