• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Flex Coupler Install - DIY

ducatiti

I should Work at Oakley
So after having my Juliet serviced by X-man Customs, my X-squared felt loose all of the sudden. In other words, my standards changed when it comes to how tight the nose bridge should be. This is when I decided to take a dive and tighten my X-squared myself by purchasing Scienergy's (OXM Parts) newly designed flex coupler.

Tools needed:

.050 hex driver
Exacto knife

FullSizeRender_zps2snsvp6j.jpg

Here is how the oxm rubber is compared to oem (oxm in bag). OXM's rubber is a lot more stiff with the sides solid/closed while OEM was open..I'm not sure what Oakley was thinking :)

FullSizeRender%202_zpsr0zkkblo.jpg

The whole install took me around 10 minutes total. If you can turn a screwdriver, this can be easily done. My X-squared feels brand new again, even better to be honest. I don't have to worry about the nose bridge loosening anytime soon. If it does after several years of use, I am glad that this will be only a $15 fix through Scienergy in this forum. I purchased this last Thursday and received today, Monday. Great service and fast shipping from OXM parts!

Below is a quick video I took of the process. Thank you in advance for watching.

It is almost midnight here and wrote this before going to bed. I will post updates in the next few days.

Last edited:
Good job. They should have made all the models like that for easy tuning lol.

So agree......
And in doing so excluded themselves from the revenue stream of tune-ups. Nope, they only wanted to do that as long as THEY wanted to do that; create an item that they marketed as lasting literally forever staying in the revenue stream as long as it wished - then stopped supporting it.

Thanks for the review and OXM makes nice replacement parts!

Latest Posts

Back