• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Frame Size/Shape Variation

Wore my Carbon XS for the first time today since this thread. Can't not see the slight curvature everytime I look in the rear view mirror now. Still...gonna be my go to pair for those FL days where it can be cloudy one minute, sunny the next.

Wore my Carbon XS for the first time today since this thread. Can't not see the slight curvature everytime I look in the rear view mirror now. Still...gonna be my go to pair for those FL days where it can be cloudy one minute, sunny the next.

You "can" or "can't"?

That being said, my frames were somehow lost in the mail but luckily it was insured and a claim is in the works.
I have had 2, TWO! XM frames "go missing" in the mail recently. One was a standard plasma Juliet, hurts but not the end of the world. It made it to a sorting facility here in Detroit and disappeared. Nobody ever found it, no extra insurance so I may get $50 since it was priority mail. That was 2-3 months ago. A little over a month ago I purchased an XS from a reputable forum member and it is stuck in customs for over a month now (let's face it, I'm never going to see that frame either). Thankfully it was insured and the claim is being processed now. There is no doubt in my mind these are being stolen at usps sorting facilities. 2 frames in 3 months is waaaaayyyyy too much of a coincidence. I will never send or recieve another frame not fully insured.

I have had 2, TWO! XM frames "go missing" in the mail recently. One was a standard plasma Juliet, hurts but not the end of the world. It made it to a sorting facility here in Detroit and disappeared. Nobody ever found it, no extra insurance so I may get $50 since it was priority mail. That was 2-3 months ago. A little over a month ago I purchased an XS from a reputable forum member and it is stuck in customs for over a month now (let's face it, I'm never going to see that frame either). Thankfully it was insured and the claim is being processed now. There is no doubt in my mind these are being stolen at usps sorting facilities. 2 frames in 3 months is waaaaayyyyy too much of a coincidence. I will never send or recieve another frame not fully insured.

That really sucks to hear. How did the Juliets turn out. Have they gone to X-Man for a tune and refinish?

That really sucks to hear. How did the Juliets turn out. Have they gone to X-Man for a tune and refinish?
They sure did (tune, no refinish as I like the scratched look on the XM finish for some reason)!!! Just got them back 2 weeks ago then left for vacation for a week. Need to put some new rubber on them and still deciding on lenses. Will probably go with Violet polars :) Will post pics when they are all done!

these type of damn horror stories got me so stressed out while waiting for a mint and complete xmetal serial penny! i could not sleep! lol
thankfully they came thru ok, feel your pain buddy

Your reputation is second to none, Chris. It does seem like that one XS frame had a quirky orbital shape - and hard to cut to.
Also, thanks for testifying earlier in the thread that the frame was authentic. I don't feel comfortable with the insinuations (not by you) that maybe it wasn't.
Hence my back of frame hex images!

For the record, for any future thread readers, if anything I sell is proven to be fake (meaning I myself was conned without realizing it), it's money-back to the buyer, no questions asked!

Wish some of this thread discussion/exploration could have happened by PM, but never mind.

Having purchased from you on several occasions I will personally speak on your behalf to being one of the most honest, stand up sellers/members on this forum (and eBay). Everything of yours is as advertised and 100% legit.

Anyone considering one of your items should do so without worry.