• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Frame Size/Shape Variation

Having purchased from you on several occasions I will personally speak on your behalf to being one of the most honest, stand up sellers/members on this forum (and eBay). Everything of yours is as advertised and 100% legit.

Anyone considering one of your items should do so without worry.

Thanks friend. I may have been somewhat over sensitive in my earlier posts. No offense to anyone intended.

I have had this with a Romeo 1. The left orbital would not take the OEM lens by a mile. I tried it in another R1 and it fit perfect. Had the same problem with other frames in the past as well. I think it is something to do with the casting process. Every pair is unique and some are a bit more unique than others in a bad way.

This is a new warranty piece. Defect? Not sure how they are manufactured but aren't they supposed to be formed from one mold?
I have had 100's of X-metals go through my hands and there can be variations in lots of them. Pitting different marks from the moulding process. This just seems to be a very bad cast. Never seen one this extreme but, I have had some frames that will just not take some OEM lenses but an identical pair will.

I've only sent or received plain frames. I insure for $500, and secretly hope they get lost. Last gen Juliet frame went missing? Profit.
The burden of proof is on you to prove to the post office what was in the box and how much it was really worth (this is the box that THEY lost btw). Having recently been through this and still without any $$ to show for it I can tell you firsthand that you do not want to go down this road with these people... :sorry:

Oh, and also, I just bought Migs' xs plasma frame with the round orbitals. I think they look cool. If the lens gap bothers me too much I'll put those beautiful torch lenses in a carbon pair and send the plasma off for a new custom cut. It doesn't detract from the attractiveness of the frame to me at all. I think the slightly rounder orbitals look sweet, but that is just my personal taste. Can't wait to get them in hand!

Oh, and also, I just bought Migs' xs plasma frame with the round orbitals. I think they look cool. If the lens gap bothers me too much I'll put those beautiful torch lenses in a carbon pair and send the plasma off for a new custom cut. It doesn't detract from the attractiveness of the frame to me at all. I think the slightly rounder orbitals look sweet, but that is just my personal taste. Can't wait to get them in hand!

So where you able to obtain customized lenses, or the gap didn't bother you much?

All oem xs lens have the exact same size?

So if the oem lens does not fit, it is the warranty frame that is defective?

Interesting because if the warranty frame has an oem lens previously installed with a perfect fit, how come if a brand new oem replacement lens is installed, the fit already has a gap? See quote below

I had a custom cut Romeo lens that had gaps-it had fogging issues because of the gap

This is an interesting thread and highlights the difficulty in the manufacturing process and therefore, the uniqueness of the piece. At least you know someone did some work to make them and justify the price, unlike plastic. X Metal is still the best!

Just a quick observation, but do I remember correctly, that I have seen small rubber shims (inserted during manufacturing) used to position the lenses in XS frames? Maybe this would help.