• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Squared Hinge Issue

I was gonna ask the same. It almost feels as if I had a situation like this in the past before too. But, it turned out to be the screw, and not the frame itself.
I've tried 3 different screws now and I have the exact same issue with all three. They're just slipping into the frame and not grabbing anything, so it can't be three screws 2 of which are brand new.

I don't have any photos of the orbital or the screw though. I don't want to take it apart again because I don't have the patience or the extra pair of hands to put it back together unless I have a solution I know will work.

Perhaps some foreign object is wedged in the threads - inhibiting the screw from fully engaging?
I doubt it, I put a toothpick clear through the orbital hinge and washers to make sure everything was aligned correctly, and I worked in a clean space with nothing loose around. I feel like the toothpick several times over would have gotten any foreign body out, but also, the OEM screw was tight and this only happened after I put the tight-fit washers in.

I doubt it, I put a toothpick clear through the orbital hinge and washers to make sure everything was aligned correctly, and I worked in a clean space with nothing loose around. I feel like the toothpick several times over would have gotten any foreign body out, but also, the OEM screw was tight and this only happened after I put the tight-fit washers in.
Too big of a washer maybe? Try a single regular one one one side, and a tight fit on top. I usually just use multiple regular washers when changing them out. Hope we aren't insulting your inconvenience here. Just trying to troubleshoot and help out in any way bud.

Too big of a washer maybe? Try a single regular one one one side, and a tight fit on top. I usually just use multiple regular washers when changing them out. Hope we aren't insulting your inconvenience here. Just trying to troubleshoot and help out in any way bud.
I don't know, I guess it's possible? They're the OXMParts washers so they should be pretty uniform, but anything's possible. I don't have the regular washers, though. They were pretty heavily worn and I tossed them. I could always order the thinner washers, I guess.

Where do you get your replacement washers from?

Back