• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Squared - Legit?

Okay... The real reason I noticed it were his Juliet's with what looks like OEM blue rubber. His auctions seemed kinda shady so I poked around. The Juliet's look good and the rubber looks good. Still...yeah think I'd steer away from those XS.

Thanks for all the input. I went and grabbed up the Juliets anyways... just cause I have this imaginary belief that paypal and ebay will really protect me if this guy screws me over.

Thanks for all the input. I went and grabbed up the Juliets anyways... just cause I have this imaginary belief that paypal and ebay will really protect me if this guy screws me over.
No problem. I'd have left them well alone also. eBay is mostly, if not always on the side of the buyer so you would probably have been ok had the worst happened. If you're unsure steer clear.

Just checked my XS. No way the stems are super bent that way. Fake.
We all know real X Squareds dont come from the factory that way! They are real X Squared that were purposely bent! There is no way in hell those x squared are fake. No copycat manufacturer is gonna waste money on things like correct hinges and hex nose bridge screws!

No copycat manufacturer is gonna waste money on things like correct hinges and hex nose bridge screws!

This couldn't be farther from the truth. While a great deal of fakes are very easy to spot there are people making high quality fakes as well. Look at the Pit boss fakes, the watch fakes, and even some other XS fakes.

Whoever is making these is getting better all the time at making them indistinguishable from genuine pairs without seeing them in person or having a genuine version to compare it to.

Back