• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Squared lens issues what do you think?

Piesik650

Oakley Beginner
Colorado
I purchased a Pair of X-Squared plasma with polorized fire iridium lenses this week from eBay, listing described a set of "like new glasses with an issue with getting the right eye lens screw in"

I emailed the guy and he told me he didn't know if the hole was stripped but the Oakley store advised him to send it in to Oakley to get it installed. I bought them knowing this could be an issue, but when the glasses showed up it was just one of many issues.

Issues
#1 All rubber was not factory

#2 nosepiece is weak and definitely loose

#3 the hole was stripped but a longer screw from a Juliet ear piece trimmed probably will fix it.

# THE LENSES APEAR TO BE TWO DIFFERENT COLORS ONE HAS YELLOW HUES WND THE OTHER HAS BLUE HUES LIKE A RUBY. Take a look at pictures....

What do you guys think?
I've asked for a $80 refund to at least get the lenses to match. Is that unreasonable or unrealistic?

IMG_3726.JPG

IMG_3727.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

Send em back if he doesn't give u 100. Tuneup and lenses and oem rubber will run up quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Send em back if he doesn't give u 100. Tuneup and lenses and oem rubber will run up quickly.

Kinda my thought, guy is being a douche. I already opened a case against him. I've got three pairs of x-squared and these are definitely the roughest I have seen. He had them listed for $550 OBO. I am just glad I didn't pay any more.

What do you thinks up with the lense color?

No idea about lenses but a set is $100. Rubber $35 to 45 and tuneup is another $60. 500 xs at that point

No idea about lenses but a set is $100. Rubber $35 to 45 and tuneup is another $60. 500 xs at that point

I completely agree, I have a few full sets of oem rubbers on hand. So at least I don't have to look for some.

The guy like I said is being a douche and claims he doesn't accept returns. eBay claims they will handle it.

Latest Posts

Back