• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Newb Questions

Leverlution

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, I had a question about X squared glasses. I am thinking about a second pair of "every day" glasses to keep nicer than my work pair. I really like the X squared, but have a few questions. First, it doesn't appear that they say "oakley" anywhere on them. I love the way they fit, feel, and look, but they almost look like cheap gas station glasses when someone is wearing them from a distance to me. Does anyone else get that impression? Secondly, is there any way to change out lenses in them, or can you get them with a VR28 Iridium style lens?

x-metals never had "oakley" printed on them in anyway. Signature/Trademark design of the x-metals can be seen on
1) the "X" shaped bridge (except for Half X)
2) the like "jet engine intake port" of the temple hinges (except for Penny and Romeo 2)

i'd guess for Oakley fans like us, we can definitely spot an x-metal a mile away... as for those who are clueless about Oakley stuff, who cares what they think anyway... :))

as for the lenses, yes, they can be switched out with the use of a T6 screwdriver, and accessory lenses are readily available from OE and 3rd party.

I'm sure many members here (including me) can vouch on the quality of x-metals... they are very well made, and look absolutely stunning.

VR28 comes stock on X-Squared polished frames, which has been discontinued... but i'm sure they are available at O vaults, online retailers or eBay.

All the best on your next purchase!!

Cheers!

S-works could not have put it any better........ I own a serious amount of X metals. I recently have been collecting x squared models. The x squared model has a few advantages over the other x metal models. If you purchase them new in the box, they come with a zippered nylon ballistic case. Also if you are into modding them, you can take things a step further, because the nose bridge can be swapped between other x squares. This is very cool if you are making your own color way.

Thus you could have plasma color orbitals (the part around the lens) and x metal colored stems and nose bridge, which when put together create some awesome looking sunglasses.

The x squared are slightly lighter then the Juliet and have a more agressive look.