• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Squared nose bridge screws

Is there any advantage to a T5 over a hex or vice versa?

T5 and Hex are totally diferent (5 edges vs 6 edges) - so the "correct one" is the hex but you can work with a t5 though this will damage the screws. Have a look at this picture from linegear (could not find a picture of a OEM screw this fast):
You see clearly that the hole has 6 edge (and OEM are also) - compare this to the screw head on the stems which are T (though T6).

T5 and Hex are totally diferent (5 edges vs 6 edges) - so the "correct one" is the hex but you can work with a t5 though this will damage the screws. Have a look at this picture from linegear (could not find a picture of a OEM screw this fast):
You see clearly that the hole has 6 edge (and OEM are also) - compare this to the screw head on the stems which are T (though T6).
Thanks, I owe you because I was about to buy a T5 and T6 for my XS. You saved me a headache in the future, so thanks!

T5 doesn't mean 5 sided. Standard Torx is a 6 point driver. T5 refers to the size.

T5 doesn't mean 5 sided. Standard Torx is a 6 point driver. T5 refers to the size.
You are abolutely right - I thought the star shape of torx is 5 pointed but just checked and its 6 pointed ... and yes technically it would be 2 * 6 edged due to the star design

Back