• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Squared Orbital Ear Stem Stop Broke?

BoostBear

°—°
Beast Coast
This is a bit of PSA for those of you who own XS to check your orbital's ear stem stoppers, if they're creased or full-on chipped off. As you'll see with the stopper broken the arm folds past the intended distance which may pose a problem with the temple tip scratching the inside of the lens.

I've come across (another) example so I'm wondering if it's isolated to just carbon pairs or if it was maybe due to production date; my pair are from 10/20/10. Are you affected by this issue?

*XS Top.jpg

IMG_2625.JPG
IMG_2626.JPG

Yep. Happens. I've got three like that. You will scratch the F out of the back of your lenses if you're not careful. You'll scratch the back of your lenses even when being careful.

Yep. Happens. I've got three like that. You will scratch the F out of the back of your lenses if you're not careful. You'll scratch the back of your lenses even when being careful.

Atleast he doesnt scratch his lenses by being 6'5 and walking into the top of a carport with his glasses on his head

It's even an issue on the XX. My XX plasma has that issue but the arms are long enough where it doesn't hit the lens, just the orbital.

I blame it on manufacturing tolerances.

I was wondering if there was a fix for this problem. I just noticed this on one of my plasma xs.
I contacted Zach about it when I found it on mine, he noted in my case due to the small area welding in a repair piece in isn't really possible. You just have to be weary of it when using them.

I too have been affected, some plasmas have been sold with the same issue. Not uncommon but sad that it happened.

P.S. you will never see a madman pair with that issue, just saying.
Maybe it's just easier to spot the the issue on the plasma finish, but I feel like those seem to have the flaw more often than others... Wonder if the finish applied to the frame has any impact on that point weakening?

I contacted Zach about it when I found it on mine, he noted in my case due to the small area welding in a repair piece in isn't really possible. You just have to be weary of it when using them.

Maybe it's just easier to spot the the issue on the plasma finish, but I feel like those seem to have the flaw more often than others... Wonder if the finish applied to the frame has any impact on that point weakening?

just realized that it’s a common issue in some Juliet’s only the ear stems are longer so they just hit the outer portion of the orbitals.

Latest Posts

Back