• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared; Plasma Frame W/Fire Iridium Polarized

taiko19

Oakley Enthusiast
Well I stopped by the Oakley Store in La Jolla, CA just because I had never been there before and lo and behold I walked out with a pair of X Squared's ... my first and likely only pair.

But there was great incentive because the store is currently offering Bounce Back bucks (earn $10 for every $50 spent) ... so I now have a great collectors item and another $80 to spend next month.

But not all is good news ... I quickly realized what I had purchased -- the last in the store and seemingly the last in San Diego -- is slightly defective because the ear stems are not balanced equally.

See below:

photo+%25281%2529.JPG

The store suggested I call Customer Care ... which I did. And so far not firm answer because apparently whatever machine they used to have to fix this, only works with the Juliet's. And they may or may not have a frame to swap out with this one. So we'll wait and see.

It fits my face okay, although I can feel that it is slightly off ... I'll update you all as I get updates.

Good find. Bought my Polarized Juliets @ the Downtown Oakley Store last year when I was out there.

that issue is quite common to some juliet carbon frames. this is the 1st time i've seen it on the XS and it's way out of alignment. i hope they can exchange you a pair for that one.

Had the same issue with one of my juliets, carbon/bip. Went to Oakley Irvine and showed it to them. They said to call customer care. But i knew it was a long process and just told them i already did and they dont have any frames to replace it. I asked them if they had another pair to exchange it with. They said that it was the last they had. Then i told them i would rather return it. They employee said he will double check at the back. When he came back he brought 2 boxes. One was carbon/bip and the other was xmetal/ruby. So i came out of the store with the carbon frame exchanged and bought the xmetal/ruby. Maybe you could try? Or call the store and inquire that you would like to purchase, if they have anything left in stock.

I have a pair like that but only slightly off. Doesn't bother me but if given a chance to exchange I would.

UPDATE: As racs09 stated above, Customer Care is not much help as they do not have stock to replace and cannot guarantee they can fix it. So the store, which is out of stock as well, is doing a search to see if they can find me a replacement. If they cannot, they will give me 10% off. And I will also send to Customer Care to see if it can be fixed. I'm bummed but it is what it is ... at least they are wearable. The picture looks much worse than they actually feel on my face.

LOL, i would be happy 'coz that is the way my ears are positioned (right ear higher than left). haha, just saying...

but regarding the bent stems, not that they are normal but they are pretty common in the x metal frames. most of my frames are not that much off but not equal either.

Hate to see that bro...It maybe worth sending them in for a fix but the bad thing is you will have to be without them for quite sometime. Tough call there. Great looking pair of XS you have there. Hope you can get this resolved man.

Back