• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X squared polarized lenses

I didn't say any use of aftermarket parts invalidates the sunglasses being Oakleys.
good......

You would probably be able to see that your car is on fire if you took out the revant crap and used the real thing!
sometimes I do, sometimes I don't....

good thing is that other people's opinions hold little bearing to what I do or wear - everyone knows this, especially kronin....

new and perfect, just no box...
lmfao........

The Juliet lenses I've bought from were new, perfect and just had the Oakley foam that is in the box when you get them from Oakley. :p

Oakleyvault.com also have grey and bronze polarized for $64 at the moment

I honestly didn't mean to start all that! However, if optically the lenses don't match what was in there to start with I wouldn't say it's the same. I put some red linegear rubbers on my R1's, feels quite different to the OEM, though IMHO not as big of a change as putting their lenses in there.

I honestly didn't mean to start all that! However, if optically the lenses don't match what was in there to start with I wouldn't say it's the same. I put some red linegear rubbers on my R1's, feels quite different to the OEM, though IMHO not as big of a change as putting their lenses in there.
It's like you're trying to put a percentage on how-much-less-an-Oakley-is if you either put aftermarket lenses or aftermarket rubbers lol...

People do different things for different reasons - people will always have a soap box to jump on, but unless that soapbox is full of money that they used to buy your things for you, nobody should care...

Rock on yall...

It's like you're trying to put a percentage on how-much-less-an-Oakley-is if you either put aftermarket lenses or aftermarket rubbers lol...

People do different things for different reasons - people will always have a soap box to jump on, but unless that soapbox is full of money that they used to buy your things for you, nobody should care...

Rock on yall...
Not really, the primary function of sunglasses is to protect your eyes and the frame to make sure it stays on your face. Rubber helps the latter but isn't essential so I think it's fair to say rubber is not comparable to lenses when going aftermarket.

I think every one is entitled to their opinion on this forum, right or wrong it is a opinion . If you agree or disagree that's part of discussion.. As I have said before some peoples eyes don't discern differences that well , so to them it makes little to no sense paying 3 to 4 times the money for Oakley lenses. I personally love Oakley lenses and think there worth it . the rubbers are worth the money to me too ,line gear rubber and lenses are just ok too me. Again I will state that I wear my glasses longer in any given day then 99% of the forum do to eye issues rain or shine I am in my oakleys 365 days a year from dawn till dusk and even after when I forget to take them off;)

If they don't have Oakley lenses in them, are they still Oakley sunglasses?
Great question! With the X Metal XX, you just just can't get the lenses from Oakley anymore. It's like a lot of custom watch sites that refurbish Rolexes with so many after-market parts that they're not considered Rolexes anymore! Problem is, I really like the glasses and I'm not ready or willing to switch.

Great question! With the X Metal XX, you just just can't get the lenses from Oakley anymore. It's like a lot of custom watch sites that refurbish Rolexes with so many after-market parts that they're not considered Rolexes anymore! Problem is, I really like the glasses and I'm not ready or willing to switch.

You can, if you're prepared to pay for a full service too. In the last two weeks I received back my X Metal XX glasses from Oakley after getting a complete service. When they called to confirm payment I was able to also pay for a pair of new Ice iridium lenses.

That is in Europe though, so perhaps they don't have them in the US any more. I also don't know how many they have or if they will get more. But given that people have been saying for a long time that you can't get X Metal XX lenses, thought that info might be useful to some.

Latest Posts

Back