• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Problem

350nick

Oakley Expert
Just got a pair of x squared which I got quite cheap and I initially thought they needed a tune up as

there was quite a bit of movement in the nose bridge.

After a good look though I have found that one of the screws on the nose bridge just turns freely.

Bit worried now and have dismantled them to find what I suspected. The actual thread but on the

orbital is stripped!

Has anyone managed to repair this? Can the next sized screw be used in the now larger hole?

Panicking a bit at the moment. I bought them on eBay&stupidly gave positive feedback before

realising it was more than a tune up needed.

Any help much appreciated!

That is unbelievable to me! Never heard of the screw stripping the frame! I would send it to the X Man. He is the only one I would trust to do this job right.

I hope I'm wrong but I took them apart and tried the other screw in but that was loose too.

Unfortunately I'm based in the UK so getting them to X man might be a problem!

Not a great start to X metal ownership although I really like them and they feel fine whilst wearing them.

Just frustrating that they're really loose when off.

I hope I'm wrong but I took them apart and tried the other screw in but that was loose too.

Unfortunately I'm based in the UK so getting them to X man might be a problem!

Not a great start to X metal ownership although I really like them and they feel fine whilst wearing them.

Just frustrating that they're really loose when off.

a picture of the xs will be helpful, im beginning to doubt the authenticity of your xmetal now that you mentioned you manage to remove the screw off the nosebridge. Typically they are hard to come out.

I don't have a picture at moment but pretty sure they're real.

They are ducati edition and have ducati etched on the lens.

Also the lenses are definitely polarized as I've tested that.