• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Problem

Interested to hear what people think about these!

More I hear the more I think they are fake.

I think I might well be trying to claim a refund on these. Shame!

Couple things I noticed right away, the Ducati doesn't come with red nose bombs but does come with red temple shocks (yours are wrong)
Is there a SKU# on the arm? Should be and it will be 06011-09. If the lenses are etched 'Ducati' they are only BI, not BIP.

I have a pair that I have not changed anything on. My pair has 006011-09 inside the left arm. Also I have red earsocks, black nose pieces and red temple shox. Not sure if have ever heard of a fake ducati x. Did you get box and coin and bag? You and I were typing almost the same thing at same time you posted first.

I have a pair that I have not changed anything on. My pair has 006011-09 inside the left arm. Also I have red earsocks, black nose pieces and red temple shox. Not sure if have ever heard of a fake ducati x. Did you get box and coin and bag?
I don't have any X-Squared so I can't answer this question, so maybe you can. What do the nose bridge screws/pins look like Reggie?
Looking at the pics again, there does,'t appear to be a SKU# or lens size # on the arm.

it has signs they are fake, the screws in the nosebridge and the temple socks is wrong. the lens seems legit coz the etching is in order, but they must be removed first and weigh in and compared to oem lens. a fake xmetal usually a bit heavier. i could not see a sku in the arms, xs usually has them even fake xs has them. check your seller if he bought a lot of oakley on his feedback, i have a feeling he is experimenting lately and tried to pass a fake xs by putting oem parts. i could be wrong though.

I'd send them back. Those flat-head screws in the nose bridge are not original, it should be hex/allen head screws. Also it's hard to tell from the photos, but it doesn't look like the screws in the earstems are original either. It should be Torx T6 screws there, nothing else.

Last edited:
Definitely fake. It's difficult to explain without posting a picture for direct comparison, but the oval shaped area on the inside where the temple shock is protruding through (which it shouldn't, since those are hollow as already pointed out) is not fully enclosed on neither my XS nor my Juliet.

The first tip off to me was the fact that someone stripped the threads in a titanium alloy frame. Without using some kind of power tool and really reaming the head of the screws that shouldn't even be possible. Not saying its completely impossible because there is always the chance of build defects but under normal circumstance the screw is what breaks down, not the frame/threads.

Now that the pics are up, as stated there are problems with your pair that lead me to believe they are fake as others have suggested. Take a look at this picture of legit Ducati X Squared from a similar angle as one of your pics:

fc05ll.jpg

As you can see, the temple shocks are hollow and don't protrude from the frame as yours do, and the nose bridge has the proper hex screws in place.

I also don't see the Oakley identification information on the ear stem as seen in this picture-

xXJutJi.jpg

Something also looks a little off to me with your hinges and the shape of the ear stems. If I was you, I'd be in contact with PayPal ASAP.

Could be just the way the glasses are sitting, but I also noticed the orbitals lay flat on the table not matching the curvature of digi7's legit pair. Hope you get your money back brother.