• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Problem

Could be just the way the glasses are sitting, but I also noticed the orbitals lay flat on the table not matching the curvature of digi7's legit pair. Hope you get your money back brother.
I didn't even notice that, you are totally right.

Also as a disclaimer these aren't my glasses, just pictures of some that I know to be legit.

I have started a dispute in eBay for items not as described under counterfeit items. I am totally convinced now that these are not genuine.

I think just the fact that they have Ducati etched lenses which are polarized is enough to know, as these don't even exist!

I have also forwarded the photos to Oakley UK for their official opinion.

Thanks guys for all your help! I look forward to getting some genuine X metals once this has been resolved. Will definitely take more care in future!

THOSE BASTARDS ARE GETTING GOOD AT THE FAKES.........I WOULD FIRST HIT EM WITH A MAGNET AND SEE IF THEY ARE STEEL,IF THE MAGNET STICKS EVEN A LITTLE THEY ARE FAKE.

Will give that a try! its worrying how close they can get.

I've seen fakes in the past that were so obvious but these I wasn't sure. Even the lenses seem pretty decent really.

Will give that a try! its worrying how close they can get.

I've seen fakes in the past that were so obvious but these I wasn't sure. Even the lenses seem pretty decent really.
Have you taken them out to check their thickness? Almost all aftermarket lenses are very thin. It doesn't matter much now that we know they are fakes, just curious.

Just an update, I have started the process of claiming a refund and I sent the photos to Oakley Europe who have confirmed they are definitely fake.

The seller responded to my message with an angry message basically stating that he does not sell fakes, did not buy them in UK (not sure of relevance of that), that I should go to an Oakley store next (not possible for X-metals) and that I've wasted his time!

He has said "send me them back and I'll give you your money", but I want it to be official not just a verbal agreement.

As far as wasting his time, its him who's wasted my time, they were late turning up, I looked into repair/authenticity and now claiming money back. All delaying actually getting some real X-metals which is all I wanted in 1st place!

As far as your queries, they don't seem to be magnetic although I only have a magnetic screwdriver so maybe not strong enough.

The lenses do seem as thick as my genuine Oakleys but I am not going to remove them and jeopardise my chances of a refund.

Just want to give him his junk back, get my money and get the real deal!

Just an update, I have started the process of claiming a refund and I sent the photos to Oakley Europe who have confirmed they are definitely fake.

The seller responded to my message with an angry message basically stating that he does not sell fakes, did not buy them in UK (not sure of relevance of that), that I should go to an Oakley store next (not possible for X-metals) and that I've wasted his time!

He has said "send me them back and I'll give you your money", but I want it to be official not just a verbal agreement.

As far as wasting his time, its him who's wasted my time, they were late turning up, I looked into repair/authenticity and now claiming money back. All delaying actually getting some real X-metals which is all I wanted in 1st place!

As far as your queries, they don't seem to be magnetic although I only have a magnetic screwdriver so maybe not strong enough.

The lenses do seem as thick as my genuine Oakleys but I am not going to remove them and jeopardise my chances of a refund.

Just want to give him his junk back, get my money and get the real deal!
If you run into problems getting a refund just forward along the confirmation of them being fake to PayPal. Most of the time Oakley will tell you the fakes need to be destroyed as well, meaning you won't have to send them back either. Ebay may or may not request that you return or destroy them, that seems to vary case by case.

And on a side note I don't believe they are steel looking at the pictures. As marred as the frames look I'd guess they are some kind of aluminum alloy, anything that gets beat up like that has to be pretty soft. Just for fun you could try to bend an ear stem and see what happens :-D

Sorry youre having a bad experience but do not tamper with them in any way. Just because you left feedback the transaction isn't dead. If you have been communicating with him on Ebays message system they have record of him offering to make a refund. Make sure you send them back with a way to confirm shipping/delivery. Im sure Ebay UK is a lot like the site here in the States. The buyer ALLWAYS wins in such disputes. Without buyers ebay is dead.
I have been in disputes as both a buyer and a seller and this has always been my experience.
Good Luck

Sorry youre having a bad experience but do not tamper with them in any way. Just because you left feedback the transaction isn't dead. If you have been communicating with him on Ebays message system they have record of him offering to make a refund. Make sure you send them back with a way to confirm shipping/delivery. Im sure Ebay UK is a lot like the site here in the States. The buyer ALLWAYS wins in such disputes. Without buyers ebay is dead.
I have been in disputes as both a buyer and a seller and this has always been my experience.
Good Luck

Should I send them back without him officially accepting refunding me? At the moment he has just said in a message "I can have my money"

I'm sure in a past case where an item didn't turn up I received a message from eBay stating that the seller had offered a refund. I found this more reassuring!

I'm fairly sure I should get my money back and if needed I have the emails from Oakley Europe to use. Just the idea of sending them off without any official

confirmation is quite worrying!

I will not tamper with them in any way as that might spoil my case against him.

I wanted to retaliate to his message but I need to stay calm and not escalate the situation!