• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Problem

I bought a pair of xsquares here in australia, ruby with carbon frame and came with box. To my suprise when I opened them up, they were fakes. EVEN the BOX and COIN were fakes I couldnt believe it! The build quality was extremely good for a fake, and they looked very similar to yours mate. To get my money back I just sent the seller a link to when oakley had 2 ppl thrown in jail in asia for selling counterfeit xmetals and demanded a refund. There were no questions from their end and the money showed up in my account 2 days later.

All of these sellers will claim innocent but they know what they are buying and selling... when I get home ill post pics of them.

Cheers,
JP

It's quite scary the lengths the counterfeiters are going to these days. I can see why though when you see how much x metals sell for. They must sell a lot without buyers realising.

If the ones I had bought had been in better condition I might have ended up keeping them unaware they were fake.

The seller acted as if I was the one at fault even though they were both fake and damaged, none of which was mentioned in advert.

Glad you got refund so easily!

ha! tapatalk raised it as a "picks" thread so i thought it was current. glad it was resolved.

ps: polarisation doesnt indicate its of any value/ quality. cheap polarised filters are applied to sunglasses all the time, so do consider that

I've learned this now, I thought at the time that a counterfeiter wouldn't go to the trouble of using polarized lenses but I know it can be done quite cheaply.

No worries on starting thread again, that's strange tapatalk raising it?!

yeah- polarized $15 sunnies at gas stations are proof. they just tend to be poor polarized filters (the tilt test on an lcd screen will show it doesnt block out as much light as a good one will) or have bad clarity due to the glue used to adhere the polarized filter.