• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-squared Stem/Arm Tightness?

Hellmut77

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
New York
Hey guys I recently purchased a NIB Oakley X-Squared; Do you ever notice that some pairs are tighter than others? It is Normal that one side be a little tighter than the other? The pair is flawless aside from this, so a little input would be great.

I'm assuming you're talking about swinging the stems open and closed? If so, that's normal. It's just the screw on one side is tighter than the other. It doesn't take much turning (the screw) at all to tighten or loosen the stems, so it makes sense that one side could be tighter than the other. If it bothers you, just adjust the stem screws to your liking.

I'm assuming you're talking about swinging the stems open and closed? If so, that's normal. It's just the screw on one side is tighter than the other. It doesn't take much turning (the screw) at all to tighten or loosen the stems, so it makes sense that one side could be tighter than the other. If it bothers you, just adjust the stem screws to your liking.
Sorry I should of clarified , I meant the bridge . It's tight but one is a little tighter than the other

Ah! Ok. In my experience if they are both tight, but one side has slightly more movement than the other, then that's normal. If there's a problem you should notice a larger gap between your head/face and the ear stem from one side to the other.

Ah! Ok. In my experience if they are both tight, but one side has slightly more movement than the other, then that's normal. If there's a problem you should notice a larger gap between your head/face and the ear stem from one side to the other.
Yeah - not all of my pairs of X Metal are totally symmetrical... Some more than others.. :)
Thanks guys , that's what I was thinking . I'll keep my pair , didn't think it was a big issue

It's only a problem if you hold one ear stem up horizontally and the whole EW droops down lol

Great choice on your purchase btw!

Back