• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared Ti02?!?!

No those are real and there are an increasing number of them on eBay; but they are not really a “TiO2”. Because the Squared uses screws in the nosebridge vs. the rivets on its X Metal predecessors, people are able to disassemble the entire frame. All those are is a Carbon Frame with the earstems and nosebridge from a plasma frame.

That said, considering a plain old Carbon Black Iridium set costs $250 on eBay and someone already did all the work and invested in two frames up front to pull it off, that’s actually a pretty good price if you want that look. But, again, its not a true TiO2 as was built for the Juliet and the XX.

With the x squared, does the nose bridge run down like the juliets do? I really want a pair of juliets but the nose bridge thing worries me

No. The Juliet uses rivets which loosen...the X Squared uses screws which you can tighten yourself. But the Juliet (and the XX) loosening problem can be avoided by putting on and removing the glasses OVER YOUR HEAD like they were swimming goggles...that keeps the nose bridge from being flexed constantly. It looks odd to others....but you're wearing X-Metals so that's already a given

Hahaha yupp he hit it on the dot, good thing is Oakley will fix your juilets or xx if they need to be. Like 25 bucks and everyone I've talked to says they really reamp them for you sometimes even a whole new frame (at least that's what one customer thinks!).

X Metal tune ups were $45 up until a couple years ago....they are now $65...plus its $5 for you to ship to them. I too have heard stories of whole new frames or new lenses coming back but its never happened to me-plus despite claims they break the entire frame down, I've had a couple come back and it was clear only the nosebridge had been tightened. Seems the service is either hit or miss depending on the tech or the model. I've been told by several friends Oakley kept their serialized frames and sent them new unserialized frames in return

Awesome guys! Well I bought a pair of Polished juliets with fire polzarized lenses. brand new for $175 from a guy from craigslist! Now I know how to make sure they don't loosen up on me

ucdavis4PT0gpa said:
X Metal tune ups were $45 up until a couple years ago....they are now $65...plus its $5 for you to ship to them. I too have heard stories of whole new frames or new lenses coming back but its never happened to me-plus despite claims they break the entire frame down, I've had a couple come back and it was clear only the nosebridge had been tightened. Seems the service is either hit or miss depending on the tech or the model. I've been told by several friends Oakley kept their serialized frames and sent them new unserialized frames in return

$65?! Are you kidding me? That seems a little steep to just tighten up some glasses frames

HJames2990 said:
$65?! Are you kidding me? That seems a little steep to just tighten up some glasses frames

Especially considering you can get a set of 100 security bits, one of which will certainly fit any pair of Oakley's you might own, for $5 on Amazon!

GarciaM25 said:
HJames2990 said:

Especially considering you can get a set of 100 security bits, one of which will certainly fit any pair of Oakley's you might own, for $5 on Amazon!

well the problem with the juliets is that it's not screws that connect the nose bridge and orbitals, they're rivets. Which have to be put in with a special machine only oakley has

Back