• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Squared Violet Iridium

awsome combos @xmetalmaniac.
thanks for sharing the eye-candy

@Slojack I started out this just a couple of weeks ago. Well actually it started in 98 when I got my first Romeo's but that's a different story. Anyways I figured that I'd get a "new" pair of Romeos.. Behold a couple of weeks later I've bought Romeo,Juliet,X squared, extra lenses (oem etched for the romeos, xm soft and hard vaults) and a couple of other things.
I now got my eyes set on PBII and would really like a pair of XX oh and it would be nice to have a pair of OTT's.
do you know anything that will help me get rid of my demons? Seems I got xm-blood in my veins right now, with a touch of hoarder instinct..

surely my wife is on the verge of getting me a new formal shirt with leather straps
I think to myself that all I need left is a pair of Craters and a pair of Ti/XM R1s and I'm done. I'll just get lenses to match my mood or conditions.. I figure I can just swap lenses when needed. S.O.B. it ain't easy to just swap a lens out when you feel it. Then I start to think about what if I need a dignified pair for a wedding/funeral or such? I can't wear a festive Polished/Fire Julie. I need a pair of Carbon R2s/BIP. Now I've added a whole new purchase to that my makes my wallet cry for a maybe once in a year event.

Then it hits me that I really want a Pitboss I. D'oh.

I think to myself that all I need left is a pair of Craters and a pair of Ti/XM R1s and I'm done. I'll just get lenses to match my mood or conditions.. I figure I can just swap lenses when needed. S.O.B. it ain't easy to just swap a lens out when you feel it. Then I start to think about what if I need a dignified pair for a wedding/funeral or such? I can't wear a festive Polished/Fire Julie. I need a pair of Carbon R2s/BIP. Now I've added a whole new purchase to that my makes my wallet cry for a maybe once in a year event.

just my 2 cents, im sure its nothing you havent already contemplated, but when the interest in PB struck me i ended up buying 2 NIB, PB2 frames. i figured this would give me the PB experience without having to hunt for & pay for a PB 1. Ultimately it was a good decision for me because i have satisfaction and completeness with 2 PB2 frames and i was able to go back to x metal hunting quickly. the PB2 is definitely not a PB1 for collectors but it does have some improvements and I get to take the $avings and put into my X metals collection. anyhow that's just my take, happy hunting!

just my 2 cents, im sure its nothing you havent already contemplated, but when the interest in PB struck me i ended up buying 2 NIB, PB2 frames. i figured this would give me the PB experience without having to hunt for & pay for a PB 1. Ultimately it was a good decision for me because i have satisfaction and completeness with 2 PB2 frames and i was able to go back to x metal hunting quickly. the PB2 is definitely not a PB1 for collectors but it does have some improvements and I get to take the $avings and put into my X metals collection. anyhow that's just my take, happy hunting!
I've contemplated this. In the end I want the PB1. Its horribly elitist* but I feel like the difference between the two is the same as people that own a Porsche Boxster saying they drive a Porsche. Yes it is but its no where near the same. It looks like it, but it ain't it.

*I also come from a family that raced Porsches in SCCA and they frown at those types. Plus the Elite O reference.

You have to find that balance, otherwise you'll end up in the ' Where are they now' thread. This forum adds fuel to the fire of collecting O's

http://www.oakleyforum.com/index.php?threads/43122/

I've contemplated this. In the end I want the PB1. Its horribly elitist* but I feel like the difference between the two is the same as people that own a Porsche Boxster saying they drive a Porsche. Yes it is but its no where near the same. It looks like it, but it ain't it.

*I also come from a family that raced Porsches in SCCA and they frown at those types. Plus the Elite O reference.

I've never owned a Boxster, but did briefly own a Cayman. It was my intro into Porsche, but definitely is not a 911. I'm on my second 911 and have a Cayenne as well, but the difference is day and night for the driving enthusiast. I guess the same can be said for PB I vs PB 2. Not elitist, just discerning.

I've never owned a Boxster, but did briefly own a Cayman. It was my intro into Porsche, but definitely is not a 911. I'm on my second 911 and have a Cayenne as well, but the difference is day and night for the driving enthusiast. I guess the same can be said for PB I vs PB 2. Not elitist, just discerning.
I really like the Cayman. The Cayenne is a diff beast all together. Those two I would qualify as PORSCHES. Thumbs up sir.

You are not alone, I live this story every week, the want list grows and the combos multiply.
I found a solution to this problem that is working for me so far. Go full on and buy everything you want, then afterwards it is much easier to rein in that acquisition impulse.

This may not be the silver bullet solution you were looking for ;)

image.jpeg

Back