• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared VS XX Metal

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I'm an old school x metal fan and I'm pretty up to speed on most of the models except for the X squared model. My fav model is the XX Metal range. How does the x squared compare? I know it's all subjective but was just wondering? The x squared always look too big in pictures.

Some people reacted to this post.
uploadfromtaptalk1409936268648.jpg

Love the fit and cheaper lol

Coming from an XX fan who recently bought an XS, the fit is pretty similar on my big head. The main difference I notice is the stems are shorter, so pressure is put in a different spot closer to your ear. You can search the forum and find some good shots of a comparison. Basically the full length of the XS stems ends where the rubber from the XX ends.

The lenses have about the same coverage but are squared out on the outside bottom.

Ok thanks for the info. Like the look of the plasma/ice x squared. May have to invest sometime soon.

The xx metals just look more refined to me. I'm just bias though as I love the XXs.

Username Hidden said:
Ok thanks for the info. Like the look of the plasma/ice x squared. May have to invest sometime soon.
I've got a Plasma/Ice XS in the exchange right now. If you've got an interesting trade offer, shoot me a PM. ;)

Pm sent

one reason i like the XS over the XX is more variety of things to collect. they are only a few STOCK XX models and color variations. for my tastes i could cover all the bases in about 4 color combos if i had the funds and the time to acquire them.

the XS however, comes in Carbon, Carbon Polished, Plasma, Polished & X Metal finishes.
Combine that with Ruby Lenses, Fire Leneses, Ice Lenses, Emerald Lenses, VR28, BIP, 00BIP and you can easily have a collection of XS with, 5 finishes with 3 or 4 lense combos each, that look good without going into custom cut lenses or custom finishes.

Back