• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared With Ice Iridium Polarized Not A Choice?

mchruss03

Oakley Beginner
My first pair of Oakley glasses were Juliets, I sadly lost them somewhere about 3 years ago. :( I have Jawbones right now but I really want to get another X-Metal. I have a few questions though.

1) On the Oakley website there is not option to get get a pair of X Squared with Ice Iridium polarized. I'm not a big fan of the fire/ruby, especially when lifeguarding in the summer, and I guess I could settle for the black. But are the X Squared lenses interchangeable with any other frames? Meaning can I get a normal pair of X Squared and then order a set of replacement lenses from another frame and put them in?

2) When I EMailed Oakley CS about this, I got an EMail back saying "Our x-metal line is in the process of being discontinued and we will not have them available with polarized ice iridium lenses in the future.". Can anyone confirm this? I really loved my Juliets and am really looking forward to getting a pair of X Squared but this is kind of disappointing.

Later.

Sorry I might not made my first question clear enough. I mean can I buy a pair of Ice Iridium polarized lenses from say the Jawbones/Split Jacket/Fast Jacket...a different style frame, and use them in the X Squared.

Cutting lenses would just not be something I would try. After researching online and these forums, what about picking up a pair of lenses like [these]? Would those be alright? What kind of quality compared to lenses that come from Oakley? Any alternative places to get quality lenses?

You wouldn't have to cut them, there are members here that can do it for you. As far as third party lenses, VL is not well renowned.

Ice non-polarized are available, if polarized is a must than take what you can get.

So if I bought a Ice Iridium polarized lens from Oakley that would be correct curve or whatever other tech specs there are, somebody here would be able to cut it to size? I would be willing to pay for that.

So if I bought a Ice Iridium polarized lens from Oakley that would be correct curve or whatever other tech specs there are, somebody here would be able to cut it to size? I would be willing to pay for that.

Yup... Dr. Chop can cut lenses for you. He is a member here...
Send him a PM and see what he can do for you...

My 2 cents - Oakley non-polarized is a better option than aftermarket polarized. Aftermarket ones are renowned for distortion, throw a polarized filter in there and it only makes the optics worse.

My 2 cents - Oakley non-polarized is a better option than aftermarket polarized. Aftermarket ones are renowned for distortion, throw a polarized filter in there and it only makes the optics worse.

I bought a pair of OAKLEY polarized black iridium lens for x-squared sunglasses on the 12th Nov. Ice iridium lens are difficult to find. Good luck.

Back