• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Unknown

X-Unknown back again. I finally got a hold of the shades. I might have to change my user name now that I know type from label on box. TheStig & dragonvoi let me know about temple shock #. I have the 15’s on them. I think my head got smaller because they feel pretty good now. They have a four digit # of 5304 on left temple. These guys never saw the sun. I tried them on when I bought them and once a home. I kept them in the bag and in the box ... I’m glad because they really look nice.
Because I can’t find any info on these X’s, I have a few questions for the experts. 1. What metal are the two different tones on them? 2. Are the two tone frame color only on the XX TiO2’s ? 3. Are the Black Iridium len’s Polarized?

X-Unknown back again. I finally got a hold of the shades. I might have to change my user name now that I know type from label on box. TheStig & dragonvoi let me know about temple shock #. I have the 15’s on them. I think my head got smaller because they feel pretty good now. They have a four digit # of 5304 on left temple. These guys never saw the sun. I tried them on when I bought them and once a home. I kept them in the bag and in the box ... I’m glad because they really look nice.
Because I can’t find any info on these X’s, I have a few questions for the experts. 1. What metal are the two different tones on them? 2. Are the two tone frame color only on the XX TiO2’s ? 3. Are the Black Iridium len’s Polarized?
- All titanium, the finishes are x-metal on the arms and nose bridge, plasma on the orbitals
- there’s also a Juliet TiO2 and a 24k XX that has yellow instead of X-Metal
- not polarized

- All titanium, the finishes are x-metal on the arms and nose bridge, plasma on the orbitals
- not polarized
nk- All titanium, the finishes are x-metal on the arms and nose bridge, plasma on the orbitals
- not polarized
Thanks. Do both finishes have equal hardness, strength ? Are these frames prone to lens splintering?

Thanks. Do both finishes have equal hardness, strength ? Are these frames prone to lens splintering?
I’m no expert in finish durability, but I’d say the yellow is weakest, followed by plasma, with x-metal the strongest. Only Romeo’s crack lenses in the X-Metal line

My TiO2 are in new cond. I have box, coin, papers. The serial # has 4 digits XT0053_ _ I was told not to give complete #. New photo is with custom temple buds along side my Applegate & Fairbairn damast combat knife that is also for sale. I have more photos if interested.
They do make the fit easier to wear. The pads have rubber on bottoms that lay against your head and rubber coating in the holes that temples go into and is a pressure fit. They hold pretty well as they can be dangled around your neck on chain.

My TiO2 are in new cond. I have box, coin, papers. The serial # has 4 digits XT0053_ _ I was told not to give complete #. New photo is with custom temple buds along side my Applegate & Fairbairn damast combat knife that is also for sale. I have more photos if interested.
Sorry to tell you this, but anyone who has a modicum of intellect, has worked out the full serial now, anyway. Just a scare story regarding serials, but if you want to continue spreading the 'fear', then have at it.

Not disclosing the serial number in full makes not one difference to a prospective purchaser. No one is going to clone these glasses or anything like that. You will be selling to a well informed group of people who already will have established whether they are genuine. The only reason a serial number is enquired about is obvs the lower, Theoretically the more valuable. These do not fall into that category. Less experienced prospective buyers will want to know if there is a suffix letter on the serial number (there were two Generations, These are Gen 1) and most important of all (apart from the condition of the glasses) is whether the box serial & the glasses serial number match.

Back